Council tree maintenance

roblane

Hi, 

I was wondering if anyone can give me any information about how councils prune the local trees. We have a long road with about 60 London Planes and the council have just heavily pruned all the trees so they no have absolutely no leaves or medium to thin branches. The trees had already started to produce leaves and have now all been cut off. I was on the understanding that you never prune a tree that have just used all its energy to produce new leaves. I am worried that these trees will not recover.

hope you can give me your expert opinions.

rob  

They'll recover, although probably look like hat-stands just now. LP is a very vigorous species and now's the time of year the tree as a system is active and can respond to the pruning / wounding.

If you want to read more try this

WWW.TREESOURCE.CO.UK

Treesource is a bespoke book shop with a diverse range of books for professional arborists, foresters and anyone with...

Regards,
Paul

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, roblane said:

Hi, 

I was wondering if anyone can give me any information about how councils prune the local trees. We have a long road with about 60 London Planes and the council have just heavily pruned all the trees so they no have absolutely no leaves or medium to thin branches. The trees had already started to produce leaves and have now all been cut off. I was on the understanding that you never prune a tree that have just used all its energy to produce new leaves. I am worried that these trees will not recover.

hope you can give me your expert opinions.

rob  

Keep 2 metres from it and give it a hug and talking to Tress love fondness!

Prince Charles talks to Trees and Plants and look at the Ole Bush hes hooked up with got battered with the ugly tree

45 minutes ago, Khriss said:

@AA Teccie (Paul)  i thought of buying this.... Then wondered if it factored Massaria in it ?  K

Hi Khriss, I don't recall it including Massaria specifically and unfortunately I'm home working so can't check the office copy...sure somebody else will be able to advise (or give Paul a call at Treesource / Summerfields.)

REgards,

Paul 

2 hours ago, AngrySquirrel said:

Prince Charles talks to Trees and Plants and look at the Ole Bush hes hooked up with got battered with the ugly tree

2 hours ago, AngrySquirrel said:

.... You do lower the tone  ( thats my job  ?)  k

• Like 1