V.T.A images

Tony Croft aka hamadryad

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread wouldnt be complete without this image, found yesterday in the rain, despite being in the rain all day and in my third set of clothes! Well you know me, I have a serious problem and just cant help myself!

The life belt- cause, fibre buckling and an absolute text book example:thumbup1:

5976579e8af40_oxheyetc1082010154.jpg.4d0a6ef95a0d4a1a7ab079861f514b00.jpg

No cause for concern structuraly, the tree adapts and forms the belt, increasing levels of pectin (super adhesive) can be found in the middle lamella within the region.

I see a mating of species!

prunus avium and quercus robur in an intimate and inclusional embrace.

However, with the obvious genetic/structural incapacity to insoculate and weld together the relationship is doomed to failure.

I see this with beech and oak at ashridge a lot.

Cool though

man are you retired or something? I green to this internet tree thing. but tryig to get the time to both peeka nd get the pict's etc for adding, even the thinkggin of what im going to begin thread that is........geeeeeeeeeeee's i dunno. do u sleep?

VTA - Cupboard/barndoor failure- cause photo tropic or overly extended limbs exposed to side winds/loading.

Note the crack forming on the stem and image right, what the failure looks like, as you can see its already happened once to this tree, and isnt long due for another failure. this tree is in effect ripping its stem to piesces!:001_huh:

P1130589.jpg.9e9ed67b5736ba646f5cf6a9b00cf41a.jpg

P1130586.jpg.af26e9902440a6cc7df3fd1a9dda2165.jpg

man are you retired or something? I green to this internet tree thing. but tryig to get the time to both peeka nd get the pict's etc for adding, even the thinkggin of what im going to begin thread that is........geeeeeeeeeeee's i dunno. do u sleep?

No Im not retired! lol, i am very much a full time climber, I do take images daily, lots and lots and lots! then after work/during my lunchbreaks I go for lots of walks and set out to find as much cool stuff as i can, to take yet more photos of! lol

I am a very sad individual who is verging on OCD, but at least its a healthy and worthwhile obssesion!:thumbup1: