V.T.A images

Tony Croft aka hamadryad

So, Im curious, I will put my hands up i dont have letters after my name or anything fancy, but am i wrong in thinking that the willow is verging on criminal negligence from the planning dept?

Sure we could have just done the job under the dead diseased and dangerous clause, BUT and its a big but, the local authority have a disdain for reduction, the very word leaves a foul stench in thier noses. What would they have done? had our guts for garters!

it isnt my call, its not my job nor will i be listened to with any serious regard, but this tree cannot wait till autumn, and I dont need a level two ticket to tell me that!

I dont want to patronise those that are well versed, but am going to start editing the photos and adding them so that some of the studdents in here can see EXACTLY why this is a critical case.

So apologies to all who saw the following edits and pointers.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be cool, or i could come and give you a free hand for a week and learn even faster!

That would be really good. I'm a bit busy at the mo, but I'll send you a pm within a couple of weeks to sort something out.

I'm sure I could learn a lot from you too.

Remind me if you've not heard from me within a week or two.

:001_smile:

Its impossible to say why the application was refused without knowing what was in the application! If you had included the same level of information (and I realise it wasn't your app or spec) within the application as you have done here then in the unlikely event the work was refused consent, you would be in a strong position to appeal against the decision.

Appealing isn't done enough. If you don't agree with the decision - appeal it.

BTW the LPA should give you clear and comprehensive reasons for each refusal. If they don't then there is even more reason to appeal.

Tony,

Just a thought - given that anyone can make a TPO application for any TPO tree why don't you reapply as a interested party submitting all this info. It would be a good learning process - especially if you go to appeal. Perhaps give you some kudos with the boss if you get consent where he didn't...

Tony,

Just a thought - given that anyone can make a TPO application for any TPO tree why don't you reapply as a interested party submitting all this info. It would be a good learning process - especially if you go to appeal. Perhaps give you some kudos with the boss if you get consent where he didn't...

Tony, I realy do appreciate the comments, my boss would see it as interfering, and without sounding a bit ego, is probably not wanting to admit that my skill at this has long since surpassed his own.

I lost the will to excel at work a long long time ago, i am just a climber, always will be in his eyes and in his needs.

Thats the reason i crave escape to a firm that would revel in having a super able keen arb on the firm.:thumbup1:

That would be really good. I'm a bit busy at the mo, but I'll send you a pm within a couple of weeks to sort something out.

I'm sure I could learn a lot from you too.

Remind me if you've not heard from me within a week or two.

:001_smile:

sounds like a plan my friend, Im flat out of holiday time at the mo so would have to work it at a financialy stable month but i would be seriously keen to lend a hand and get some insights i desperatley need into the formalities.:thumbup1:

Here's a couple of pics I took at Thornham Walks at the weekend and I was wondering, what people make of these 2 oaks:

Any thoughts on what is causing the bark to be flat and smooth around this crack / bacterial wet-wood ?

13eqqp.jpg

I've also been wondering if this cambium failure is indicative of any particular fungi? It appears to be progressively ring-barking the tree - I couldn't see any fruit-bodies, but the base of the tree is becoming extensively decayed - is it likely that the same fungus is attacking the heartwood and cambium, or is the cambium failing for some other reason??

13eqr2.jpg