FMOC training

Moley

If you wade through this pdf, it has the Forestry commission policy on chainsaw and machine certification. Off the top of my head, there's a foundation unit to get through, followed by a unit for whatever type of machine/operation you want to use.

Whereabouts in Lincolnshire are you? You might be able to get some RDPE funding. That link covers what they did in Yorkshire, but they will be doing similar in the East Midlands.

be carefull we paid a lot for various training and certs only to find we could have got 50 - 70 % paid by eec funding for the training. ask your trainers and f.c before signing up for the training , care is is not awarded retrospectivley or send me a message and i will find more details for you, we did forestry tractor, forwarder, flail and som't else cheers J Welcome to Arbwork.co.uk

Thanks for that. I'm currently based on the southern end of the Lincolnshire Wolds. Any ideas of who might provide training and/or assesment and where they are in the country?

Is that anywhere near Spilsby or Horncastle by any chance?

If you want funding, and you're in the catchment area, I believe you need to go through the Rural Developments outfit (2nd link I gave you)..that's what they told me, as I'm trying for the same thing. The bloke's name is Carrick Armer (Whether you'll get hold of him this side of the new year is another matter, as most office-wallahs seem to have broken up for Christmas already!)

Edit: What arbwork said is spot on: they won't fund you for stuff you've started or have done, you need to get in with the funding organisers first. From the paperwork I got, all of Lincolnshire would count as East Midlands,

Edited by Quickthorn

I did my agri based forwarding FMOC certficate ealier this year. You have to do a base module in my case a FMO 1.3 wheeled rigid esentially a forest guarded tractor. Then once you have that you can add to it with skidding forwarding and i guess harvesting too. I did 3.4 and 3.5 which is agri based forwarders crane on tractor cab and on bunk. I did mine through Vale Training in Buckinghamshire. The guy who did the training was a real pain so i wouldn't recomend him but the guy who assessed me was top notch i'll try and find his details.

Is that anywhere near Spilsby or Horncastle by any chance?

If you want funding, and you're in the catchment area, I believe you need to go through the Rural Developments outfit (2nd link I gave you)..that's what they told me, as I'm trying for the same thing. The bloke's name is Carrick Armer (Whether you'll get hold of him this side of the new year is another matter, as most office-wallahs seem to have broken up for Christmas already!)

Edit: What arbwork said is spot on: they won't fund you for stuff you've started or have done, you need to get in with the funding organisers first. From the paperwork I got, all of Lincolnshire would count as East Midlands,

Yes I am based near Spilsby how did you guess?