Two 550's, neither firing

Acerforestry

7 minutes ago, Khriss said:

After losing hope in the new Husqvarna ( love my old ones) I found the exhaust gasket lifted on my 560 xpg  initiated a seize on exhaust port face of piston- after 4 months arbor work. If that's a useful hint. K

Oh boy, that's not good at all, yes, the old ones, different altogether, lets hope the MK2 has addressed the issues with the older 550, and even the updated 562.

Edited by Echo

1 hour ago, Ian C said:

In my opinion the auto tune stuff just runs too lean to last any length of time. 

The MT on the Stihls seems to be able to put in more fuel to deal with temperatures, but I see a guy on another site who mods them struggling with getting enough fuel in to keep the saw cool,

but its looking like he is putting way to much pressure on the saw, something like a 24 inch bar burried, it was explained to him that a 261 can not cope with this, and the saw is fine, to back off with the long bar, but at least the MT bogs down to stop you running the saw into the danger zone. It definitely can read temperatures which is a good thing, people are now suggesting drilling the carb to put more flow in, but it won't help because there is only so much power you can get out of a small saw, if boring a carb worked we would all do it and run tiny saws instead of heavy ones.

Ok, so today took both saws out on an arb job with a backup saw, and both popped and ran immediately...I've no explanation as to what was wrong previously other than the fact that Friday and Sat here was unusually warm and both had laid in the sun briefly during a break, a bloke i was working with today did mention that sometimes they don't like being left immobile in warmer condtions

4 hours ago, Acerforestry said:

Ok, so today took both saws out on an arb job with a backup saw, and both popped and ran immediately...I've no explanation as to what was wrong previously other than the fact that Friday and Sat here was unusually warm and both had laid in the sun briefly during a break, a bloke i was working with today did mention that sometimes they don't like being left immobile in warmer conditions

Thats fantastic news, those saws do not like heat, people in the US have had quite a lot of bother with them vapor locking and refusing to start. Odd you mention heat, during last week my small saw seemed to swell up, taking the lid off the tank was like opening a bottle of coke, 

I took the lid off as after two days doing nothing began to leak on the bench, where it sat dry as a bone before hand.