Anyone have used 385/390 xp carb for sale ?

huskywilson

Hi  guys I,m modding a 372 so plan to fit  preferable the big  tillison possibly  walbro carb which is not so reliable apparently  off 385 /390 anyhow  , lots of mods done  saw and is a bit of a ripper as 52mm BB  kit  high pop up modded 272 piston, woods porting, base  gasket delete , modded muffler but has stock carb , seen lots of things on the web and a big mod is the 385/390 ,carb upgrade with 385 intake boot and 372XT choke lever and intake , as space is tight but fits , then divider  removed so will be a ripper ...anyhow anyone on her have a used or  tired  385/390 carb to sell to me from a dead /damaged/scrap saw  as the carbs are real expensive brand new , i have a 385  so would possibly test fit it ,but would have to pull the cyl off to get the intake boot and throttle cable support off  so would rather get a carb from anyone on here ,as one  PM me  if anyone has one , thanks 

Edited by huskywilson

thanks SpannerBeast , tillotson HS296A is the best one on those 385xp and 390xp  and the 299A which is less common but similar , the other possible is the Walbro WJ116 which seemed to have some issues but any of those will be probably cleaned and new kits in them by me  ,however many there is of those 3  you have  is good for me .thanks for your reply  

forgot to mention , those carbs have the impulse line  nipple on the top of the carbs  and are actually structurally bigger than most carbs around the 60cc + bigger saws , so will be the easier ones  to find  compared to  the lots of them in the buckets ? 

first pic is the tilitson 296 second  one is walbro 

images.jpg

Unknown.jpg

Edited by huskywilson

Cheers for the tip, I have access to a lot, as I am a Husqvarna technician ,i know they are on the larger side. I didnt get to look as hard as I wanted to. Once I got home, I did find a few walbro RWJ7's , they are standard issue on the 93.6cc K970 power cutter. 2 are complete, but two are missing the throttle shaft, I do have others. Ill keep looking for the WJ116 or similar . The lighter in the pic is for scale. Let me know.

15387588916978134627299035373286.jpg

Ok thanks for the pics , that would be a big carb on that K saw have not heard anyone use that carb on the old 372 huskys so that maybe the issue it seems to have a brass nipple  on the face , the others dont so not sure what the reason is as it has a external  pulse line on the side also so not sure what the brass nipple does   , tillitson 296A is simplest to refit to mod the 372 , also another possible is the 372 x torque carb is the walbro RWJ-4 as its 19mm also  but need a bit of altering with other parts  along with the tilitson 296a  needs the throttle bracket and 385 intake boot and the x torq air fiter holder , thanks for your searching  maybe you will find one ?