Chipper Advice

brownie1964

My bad. Pile of crap is rude and not accurate. I would however say that even the trailed engined models are much bigger than they need to be. and 16 x 30 is not great for chipping round wood. I also dont like the way the whole engine tilts on an air ram to engage the drive, nor the need for a huge propshaft, nor the open top on the engine 'shed'.

Just call it personal preferance.

By comparison, one of my coneheads would fill a 125 m3 truck in 50 minutes... with 40 hp less.

It was late in the day ;)

yes 16” x 30” may not be as good for bigger round timber >16", however a 22” x 22” chipper is still only able to chip 1 piece of 14” diameter wood at a time ware as the 16” x 30” can do 2 bits at the same time, the logic of capacity depends on how you look at things! :P

16” x 30” = 1 x 16”, 2 x 15”, 2 x 14”, 2 x 13”, 2 x 12”, 2 x 11”, 3 x 10”, ~5 x 9”, ~6 x 8”, ~8 x 7”

22” x 22” = 1 x 16”, 1 x 15”, 1 x 14”, 1 x 13”, 2 x 12”, 4 x 11”, 4 x 10”, ~5 x 9”, ~5 x 8”, ~9 x 7”

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is my man i hate contract crap so much hse and paper and horse shite. and you have to wait for your money.

I love the domestic sector paid daily and you get appreciated.:top:

I do it for other companies tho they get me in so i just climb just the way i like it.

I hardly do any domestic - but your so right about all the crap that goes with the other work !

Don't get me wrong, I'm no Timberwolf fan! They've barely changed in 15 years...

Last friday 2 of us in 6 hours did 10m3 of chips (2.5 tranny loads) from a conifer hedge, part cut, part topped and dragged out 20m, using the vermeer PTO( farmi 260 for Ed) its a design that has barely changed in 25 years. It works thats why.

Last friday 2 of us in 6 hours did 10m3 of chips (2.5 tranny loads) from a conifer hedge, part cut, part topped and dragged out 20m, using the vermeer PTO( farmi 260 for Ed) its a design that has barely changed in 25 years. It works thats why.

Leave the bits that work well alone, yes, but if you read all of what I said in that post you would have noticed that I said: 'I thought they would have sorted out the bad points in that time' - and there are plenty of them when referring to TW's! I have owned 2 of the things:cussing:

Change your blades once a week what ever its £5 to have them sharpened. sharp blades reduces any excess stress on the engine bearings the whole drive chain.

Bearings are cheap 60 for all 3 30-60 to have them changed so cheap.

The reason these machines were breaking is people not changing the blades enough trying to get to many hours out of them.

There alot cheaper than there main competition there parts are cheaper. There alot smaller and 6 inch by 11 inch is fine its not a trunk chipper:fight:lol