Beginner's question on price of wood...

farmer_ben

if it is roadside and you can cut and spilt it there then it will be worth more to you rather than having to remove it offsite. Work it backwards in cost, how much it is worth sold, then subtract all your expenses, you must know what percentage you want to make on you wood, so you will have an answer at the end of your equation.

Thanks for that. Had a right result with it and the farmer is bringing the timber up from his wood as he dont want me making a mess of his nice ELS field margins haha. Can cut and split at his so dont have to shack it all back to mine. Wood is all 3yrs old min so should be fine to use this year I'm hoping?!

Cheers mate, took first load out in it today. Was quite surprised how much wood went into the buck, never thought i'd fill the bloody thing up at one point haha!!

yeah its surprising how much goes in especially if heaped up, are you going to do bulk bags? they never seem so demorolizing to fill especially if doing it by hand, good result with the wood:thumbup1: