bought new husqvarna diagnostic tool

huskywilson

2 hours ago, spudulike said:

So the burning question is.....why do Husqvarna make this tool available to the general public, take the money and then not supply the software!!!

As you purchased the kit from a Husqvarna parts supplier, your contract is with them and any issues........ the kit not being fit for purpose, support etc rests with them and not the manufacturer so go back to the supplier.

Liken it to buying a pair of Nike trainers from your local sports shop only to find the sole falls off on of them. You would take the item back to the local supplier and not Nike so that is your recourse.

Husqvarna are stopping access to their CST and only allowing dealers to have access to it, a bit like the car manufacturers did in the early stages of cars with ECUs, eventually they were made to fit a system called OBD11 due to the outcry from independent car repairers and everyone can now access their car diagnostic and control system with a £5 bit of electronics, the port every car now has and an android smartphone!

So - in short, all autotune saws will eventually have their firmware and systems interrogated by Husqvarna dealers only.....how does that grab ya?

From what I know they dont, ie no dealer should sell the CST to the general public. I am fairly sure it says for use by authorised dealers only.

I would go back to the dealer you bought it from and ask them to provide you with the relevant software.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with their policy it is just how it is ATM. Apart from installing new firmware to a new carb or updating old firmware its not that useful IMO. 

• Like 1

haha i was a  ford master tech  so was used to all the  stuff   used the FD200O diagnostics  then the WDS then the IDS  everything was getting  to be  real challenge , still remember most  the ECU pin numbers on the EEC IV 60 pin  AND V ECU  104 pin  and the cosworth weber marelli ecu  35  pin lol . 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mark_Skyland said:

From what I know they dont, ie no dealer should sell the CST to the general public. I am fairly sure it says for use by authorised dealers only.

I would go back to the dealer you bought it from and ask them to provide you with the relevant software.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with their policy it is just how it is ATM. Apart from installing new firmware to a new carb or updating old firmware its not that useful IMO. 

yeah i might do  but  the place i got it from is  a long way away , my local guy might put it onto a memory stick  and add it to my computer , no cheating on my behalf as i cant get software updates really  ,its just for checking the saws , i partially made a mistak i suppose as i expected it had a CD as that was previously  seen on ebay a while ago 

2 minutes ago, spudulike said:

If you google part code 583897101 there are at least two UK outfits selling this part code and am sure if you searched harder, you would find more.

I think your analysis of the system is pretty much spot on and is pretty basic compared to Automotive OBD11!

yeah , i did like the WDS better than IDS , could do computer  compression tests( cyllinder balance )   plugged into the ECU lol, rather than pulling plugs   if a cylinder was weak , the crank rotation speeded up on that cylinder  relating to CPS  so you got a bar graph after 10 secs of cranking  and lots of other stuff on the live data..... then the IDS was way more complicated and a lot of the easier stuff was removed , but hey ho  progress 

5 minutes ago, spudulike said:

If you google part code 583897101 there are at least two UK outfits selling this part code and am sure if you searched harder, you would find more.

I think your analysis of the system is pretty much spot on and is pretty basic compared to Automotive OBD11!

I dont doubt it. I bet not one of them warns about needing access to a Husqvarna account! Chances are a goo deal of people selling that equipment wont be Husqvarna dealers, they will buying from dealers and selling the products on.

1 minute ago, Mark_Skyland said:

I dont doubt it. I bet not one of them warns about needing access to a Husqvarna account! Chances are a goo deal of people selling that equipment wont be Husqvarna dealers, they will buying from dealers and selling the products on.

yes i think your correct , maybe they didnt realise it tho  , probably didnt comprehend the fact that no upload is available from a person , only  a dealer , i might talk to my closest one which i get a lot of parts from , so he might just put the general software onto a memory stick so it goes onto mine , , but i think he might not agree as if there is his id code or whatever on the software  he might not let me get it , not that i would  sent it to anywhere else as i must be the only one ever to buy the diagnostic tool  by mistake which is likely their mistake too 

7 minutes ago, huskywilson said:

yeah i might do  but  the place i got it from is  a long way away , my local guy might put it onto a memory stick  and add it to my computer , no cheating on my behalf as i cant get software updates really  ,its just for checking the saws , i partially made a mistak i suppose as i expected it had a CD as that was previously  seen on ebay a while ago 

Its not your fault, its the fault of the unprofessional company selling you a product without informing you it wont work properly.

Just now, Mark_Skyland said:

Its not your fault, its the fault of the unprofessional company selling you a product without informing you it wont work properly.

2 minutes ago, Mark_Skyland said:

well its not a huge issue as would be nice to have that tool , i seen them over the pond with the CD a few years on the go and were real expensive and only had 1 outotune so never bothered  with it  so now i have 3 and friends have them too so randomly googled it and it came up and  was new sealed box for sale so bought it  out of the blue and now the S....t hit the fan lol 

• Like 1