CS38 Assessment

rcarolina

anyone know the new cs38 test? ive heard pole rescue is mandatory now. although there was something about dates and being able to choose between old and new. me little bro is booked up on the 11th jan and he has no spikes. anyone know of any going? although i guess they have to be loler

at the moment either the old assessment or new one can be booked uptil 1st jan after that all candidates will be registered for the new assessments which someone has put a link to on nptc site

so he could be doing either as if registered before jan i think it,s within 2 yrs to do assessment

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool. yea im sure he'll be fine, post dug a pole into the lawn yest. for him to practise his knots. still guess its good he's doing the new 38, training with the times. i heard in the 30 31 you know have to use a pull rope and set up the winch?

31 is more knowledge of winching and or rope i think but read assessment schedule

yea cheers for the link bob. tis good they are doing first aid bits too, things like spinal injuries and suspention trauma have been rammed into my head for years now as my mums a doctor, shes told countless stories of people making situations worse by simply moving people or not putting them in the correct postion.

whats the ident for then? being able to avoid break out species?

yea cheers for the link bob. tis good they are doing first aid bits too, things like spinal injuries and suspention trauma have been rammed into my head for years now as my mums a doctor, shes told countless stories of people making situations worse by simply moving people or not putting them in the correct postion.

whats the ident for then? being able to avoid break out species?

been talk of ident been in for ages

but where to put it has been discussed

timber strengths for anchors

timber characteristics for felling

same for using saw up tree

then obviously pruning

and dismantling and timber weights

and more so for me professionalism

ie supprising how many folk have all the tickets and no idea on what any species are

personally i would of liked to see some on felling then a few more on climbing and a few more on prunning and finish on dissmantling

but glad something is in :thumbup:

I think it's good that they've made doing a pole rescue part of 38 now. I only passed mine a couple of weeks ago and didn't have to do one, only had to say how to do it. Then was with Bob on Friday when he hurt his shoulder and if he hadn't of been very cool and got himself down, and if Dave hadn't have been there too, then it would have been upto me. Would have got it done for sure but it would have been my first ever time on spikes and would have better if I'd done it before.

First of all speed to the casualty is of no use if you do not show technique and safety. Its not a race. You may not have to achieve a high anchor point to branch walk the short distance so take a lanyard up with you. Be positive and as my instructor told us all 'get some fire in your belly!' on the day. I found getting the first line up difficult too but they expect that as you may not have been climbing long. It comes with practice. So get a clip on but demonstrate safety and technique. You'll be fine I'm sure! Good luck

Thanks for the confirmation - I did a type A rescue today and then swapped to a type B on the way down in 25 mins. I have even managed to get the throw bag to go where I want it to - I changed my technique from between the legs to one handed (ooh err). Still work to do but my confidence has come back in spades.

Big Shot is in reserve at the moment.:001_smile: