Needles on a work site??

KoalaArb

2 hours ago, Dilz said:

when i was in the uk we ended up having to have a sharps kits and box in the van on council jobs.  Was much less of a problem  in areas where they had free needle exchanges 

Yup, the criminalisation of addiction isn't something we should be seeing these days.

You should report it though.  Different exchanges provide different needles, it may be possible to find out where it came from. This may, in turn lead to some intervention that saves someone's life.

• Like 1

I’ve worked on a few sights in Coventry over the years that have had a multitude of drugs paraphernalia.
Highlights included a needle/excrement/condom/panty filled alley way , an outbuilding that literally had a ‘carpet of syringes’ that a squat had used as their tipping point for said apparatus .....and adorned with some addicts initials sprayed finely on the wall in blood from a syringe !!!
Quite the eye opener.
And yes I did clear the alley and yes we did always get the job done, but you assess the risks and take a view based on how comfortable you are with such grimness and the associated risks.
There’s no heroism in it nor a definitive yes or no answer personally .
It’s not what we signed up for at the end of the day is it?
It’s a sad indictment when you have to carry a sharps bin in the truck, but that’s the world we live in occasionally .
That said, I’d rather that than an upmarket homeowners garden strewn with unnavigable festering dog eggs !!!!

• Like 1