254xp

Monti

I have a 254XP I use for cutting fallen trees for my wood burning stove.

Silly Question what is the best chain for me please? the chain that was in the machine when I bought it wore out and I have been buying Sharp chains but they seem to dull to quickly

its important u have the correct chain for the bar u have on the saw if n doubt take with u when u go to ur local dealer, make sure u file the burrs off ur bar too

Ask for the bar to be dressed each time you get it sharpened, and I'd bet that your first chain was a semi-chisel which will hold its edge longer but cut slightly slower and your new chains have been full chisel which cuts quicker when sharp but once dulled hardly cuts at all.:001_smile:

Just a question you said you were buying sharp chain,you didnt mean sarp chain did you,cause that sarp chain does go off quick i would recomend oregon chain on a huskey,we however run 346 s and 357s,and were using stihl chains supplied by brandon tool hire.

You are correct they are SARP. I am so pleased I found this Forum very informative and friendly as least I have enough information to be able to make good choice. thank you all:thumbup: