Self employed climbers/groundsmen

Steve Bullman

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iv got a interview at bartlett ever heard anything good or bad or no any one who has worked there

used to work for them at head depo crawley down, when i started (1998)they were still called southern tree surgeons, a company bill matthews started way back. Bartlett (yanks) bought him out.

from what i hear they have an extreamly high turnover of staff...may be the fact they make you buy you're own saw.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Steve, I am based down in kent. I've just come across this site and see you are taking contacts. I am available to take on work if it arises in the area, will also travel ( stay in digs) if needed at times.

got tickets, insurance pre 97 licence(Clean!!), 4x4, tools etc etc.

Love to help if I can!!

Regards

Dave

• 4 years later...
Hello to all have not been in contact with a few of you since the untimely demise of our old pc forum.

Nice to see some of us in this industry are still so proactive i salute you all.

Alan In my opinion such as it is yes you deserve to ask for 90 a day on the books anything less is an insult on yourself as a serving professional climber. Let us not forget what we do, who we are and the serious inherent danger of our jobs.

Unfortunatly if its a big utility company beware i sent a climber in good faith to one such company. He walked away at the end of the first week with 250 quid in his pocket!!!

not be fun or anything,ive be into climbing and chainsaw work for five month now and i get more than that a week if i work monday to friday.im only 16