Opinions on TW PTO 300 chippers

b101uk

I would not rate the 12" pto timberwolf particularly highly, There are much better machines out there. TP is good, Junkarri not so good, FARMI is the best for the money, Bandit 250 is about the best but now expensive.

Do you base that on the angle of the lower part of the feed chute being angled downward away from the feed rollers necessitated by there height off the ground because of the hyd oil tank placement thus feet/skid?

As that is one of my reservations of the TW and others with fixed high feet/skid vs. feed roller height.

I must say I do like the look of the Farmi ones, they have an elegant looking efficient engineering to them plus I do like the idea of driving the hydraulics off the machine given it would be running when in use.

No Mark, my reservations about the TW would be based more on the very lightweight flywheel, tiny bearings in both the mainshaft and infeed shafts, small bypass knives, and small diameter infeed rollers.

This of course, is just my opinion.

For the Farmi, I would say its pro points to me are very high quality Finnish steel, heavy bearings, double disk flywheel with sliver breakers, full size 18" hollow ground knives, double anvils, cuts with the grain rather than against it, extremely simple and robust safety bar system, easily exchangable hoppers (great if you want to crane feed) oversized top roller, low skids and machine hieght.