Autocad LT 5837 Surveys

DanVC

Hello everyone,

Can 2D 5837 surveys be carried out in full using autocad LT? More clients asking for drawings recently and I need to get this or full CAD but there is a few hundred quid difference in price. Just need to plot trees/show RPA and fencing. Any help appreciated.

Can 2D 5837 surveys be carried out in full using autocad LT? More clients asking for drawings recently and I need to get this or full CAD but there is a few hundred quid difference in price. Just need to plot trees/show RPA and fencing. Any help appreciated.

It depends what you are doing - what do you mean by "carried out"?

You can view a .dwg or .dxf file (provided from a topo survey or from an architect) in autocad LT, annotate it, and produce a pdf plan; you can underlay a pdf plan if you are smart enough to scale it properly and draw over it and/or produce a plan showing the pdf underlay......

You can take the plan into the field on a tablet with autocad 360 but you might want to use a more arbfocused piece of software.

You most certainly don't need to go for the 3D CAD software if you are just starting out.

Hello everyone,

You could look into Pear Technology and their PT Mapper? Very similar and well suited to this purpose

For most people there is no difference between the 2 pieces of software. If you have a 2D plan and want to plot trees, fences or whatever else you want then LT will do you fine. I haven;t used LT for a while, and am not so sure about its 3D ability - however I'll assume the architect just does 2D plans so you'll be OK with that

• 1 month later...

I am viewing a survey file with AutoCAD 3D contours from my surveyor. A few months ago when I first used this file the coutours showed properly. Last week when I opened another survey file I got a question when opening the file that gave me an option to turn something on or off. I did not recognize the terminology and must have chosen the wrong response because now all the contours are gone on both these files and there are boxes everywhere with tiny vertical text on the right side referencing contour lableing.

I have searched Help from my program, online and in this forum without finding a resolution. i have attached screen shots that might clarify what is happening.

Any help to get the cotours and labeling back would be very much appreciated! If you need more information please let me know and i will get it for you.

I am using AutoCAD LT 2013 for all the above experience.

27 minutes ago, sharon Maxwell said:

I am viewing a survey file with AutoCAD 3D contours from my surveyor. A few months ago when I first used this file the coutours showed properly. Last week when I opened another survey file I got a question when opening the file that gave me an option to turn something on or off. I did not recognize the terminology and must have chosen the wrong response because now all the contours are gone on both these files and there are boxes everywhere with tiny vertical text on the right side referencing contour lableing.

I have searched Help from my program, online and in this forum without finding a resolution. i have attached screen shots that might clarify what is happening.

Any help to get the cotours and labeling back would be very much appreciated! If you need more information please let me know and i will get it for you.

I am using AutoCAD LT 2013 for all the above experience.

There's no screen shots.

it sounds like you may have frozen/turned off the layer

HIding or freezing layers wouldn't leave the contours as boxes with tiny vertivle text.

I am guessing the surveyor used AutoCAD + one of the add on softwares. Would the odd terminology be 'proxy graphics'? These are graphics created by the add on software that the main AutoCAD can't display - so it will ask if you want to display them or find the info to display them or something like that tell it 'no' then it will just show the graphics as a box (I don't like them)

You could try one of the AutoCAD forums, CAdTutor.net is not too bad (http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/forum.php)

• Like 1