Tajfun 400 Splitter Ram Stuck Forward

leotandoh12

My ram on my 400 is stuck out. Tried knocking it back in and wont budge. Have also tried let pressure out the system via undoing pipes but no luck.

I rang Kilworth but they were stumped. The pressure gauge is sitting at nearly 200 so not usre whats going on?

Anyone with a machine and had a similar issue with some advice woudl be great

Leo

I've had a sliver of timber stuck underneath it before are you certain it's clear? Can't say I checked pressure gauge at the time. Chiselled out the sliver with a thin chisel to get it free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IIs it stuck fully out or a little bit? If it's fully out they can jump out of the runners as they get older. It's hard to fix but the easiest is to look down the ram to where it comes out and see which way it's bent then use a long bar/hammer to straighten it and it should pull back in. I do it with the machine on.

If it's very slightly out, it's nearly always bark behind the ram and you can hear it hissing. Leave the machine on and sledge it back and it will work temporarily. To fix it put the tractor on minimum revs, use the splitter then turn off the engine while the splitter is fully out. It takes about an hour and a long screwdriver to unblock it but you can just get in through two square holes under the machine and a 2inch gap above the splitter.

Or as said if it's lifted up it could be a slither you need to get out or you might get lucky with a sledge.

Edited by gdh

It was fully stuck out. I had a better, less stressed look today and couldnt see any obstructions, jsut a bit of saw dust. There was a obvious gap on one side suggesting it bending, but turned machine back on and it pressured up high and then went back it.

So all good, sort of.

Just need to sort out a few electrical issue, including the ram now sticking forwards. It returns on the stop button. Have checked the sensor and I not sure the light is coming on when the piston is up. Anyone had that issue to and know where I can get one cheaper than Kilworth?

Check the fuses in the front panel. Every single weird issue ive ever had on it has been to do with a fuse. There's an inline blade fuse on the main power input that has gone twice and caused all sorts of odd issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk