KX71-3 owners

donnk

Looking to add a smaller 3 tonner to the 5 tonner we have already. Looking at the specs the 71-3 beats all the other 3 tonners in terms of dig force, reach and dump height.

How do owners rate them, we've had a couple on hire last 12 months but not had them on site long enough to form an owners opinion.

thanks

I know this isn't a what digger thread and I don't own one but driven plenty of i was just digging it would be my choice but for hydraulic function I'd choose Volvo cat or bobcat, these also have floaty blade so great for tracking with blade on grass with out marking

I have a bob

image.jpg.d9b07769f1fd75c22529b15d0ef27cd5.jpg

The Cats are actually wacker neuson painted a different shade of yellow, they have Yanmar engines I believe.

I have the Takeuchi tb125- and it's been digging out 1 ton boulders all week that wouldn't look out of place in a bucket of a 13 tonner- this is the story of its life with me and I have to say it's a phenomenally tough machine- beefed up in all the right area (kingpost etc), kubota plastics are too fragile for my kind of work

The Kubota can hold it's own with anything, simply dated now in terms of extra auxiliary hydraulic circuits which a lot of guys on here want. Rock solid residual and ultra reliable.

The dark horse is the Komatsu, great machines in this class with zero swing and good power plus decent loadover height which can be handy.

If you want an owners machine then it's different than something everyone jumps on. If it's for multiple operators, not a lot to touch the Takeuchi, they are simple and stand up well to the abuse, if a little weak on pin/bushes, but these are cheap enough anyway. I don't include the FR series in that statement, as I'd not touch one unless for a specific application.

Just a heads up on Plantworx show, first week of June and going to be some show by the look it. Well worth a trip.

Eddie.

the Tak 230 is very similar if not quite as good in terms of dump and depth as the 71. I think it will boil down to the dealer and support in the end. Anyone recommend a tac/kabuto/bobcat dealer in worcestershire ?

Just a thought but it may not apply to you, I think you can get the kx71-3 on a lightweight trailer and just be legal- the tak230 is too heavy- which is a shame otherwise I'd have one tomorrow, Takeuchi are bringing out a 2.5 t model later in the year apparently but I suspect it will be to replace their reduced swing tb23r which is pretty old now.