Upcoming Consultations

Amelanchier

As I've been reminded on another thread about upcoming consultations I'd thought I'd let people know that the DCLG will be issuing a consult on the proposed changes to the TPO regulations. Also the BSI will be looking to put BS5837 through the process too.

Oh and the National Tree Safety Group will be releasing their findings soon ('cept I can't remember when some time early 2010 - i'll update when I check my notes).

:D

"The NTSGs - Guidence for Tree Owners, will be out Summer 2010 "

There is an article in the autumn publication from the AA ( Newsletter) re NTSG

BS consultation seminar scheduled in Leicester ... Wednesday 11th November 2009

Leicester Racecourse Conference Centre, LE2 4AL

BS 3998, 5837, 8516 and 4043....I will try and upload the detail and booking info.:thumbup1:

2009 Mids Branch British Standards In Arboriculture.doc

Well simply nothing more than rehauling /streamlining the whole thing!

Peter Annet gave us a speed briefing at the conference - essentially:

• The Planning Act 2008 will come into force once new 2010 regulations are finalised which will amend the TCPA 1990 by stripping out all the sections relating to TPOs so that they can be encompassed in the new regs.

• S201 will be removed - 'cos its pointless and all TPOs will be provisional (just as they are now but without the need to quote s201!)

• 'Dying' will be removed as an exemption (A certain Mr Mynors was encouraging us all yesterday at Barchams to push to have the word 'nuisance' removed also!)

• No more Article 5 certs

• New TPOs will consist of a map and a schedule (no pages of legal waffle).

• All existing Orders will fall under the new Regs retrospectively (they will all be equal in terms of offences duties etc)

• A new blue book will be published (so you don't have to have one like mine with bits crossed out and paper stapled in it!)

If I've missed anything, I apologise - why is that your days off are you busiest days! :D

Edited by Amelanchier

I had 11 dead oak trees felled and i wanted to fell one which was dying but the timber merchant (the faller) said he had heard that they were getting strict on this term. But myself and the faller both agree this mature oak will not flush next year it has been declining all this year.:001_smile: