Nearly ready for some wood!

AdamnRalph

I don't know of any others. There was one in Northern Scotland for sale a couple of years back, and I know that Willie at Abbey Timber speaks highly of his.

This one came from the Isle of Bute and was originally supplied by fuelwood but they don't support them anymore. I know in 1999 it was £38000. If it will do what laimet claim it should do over 20 cubic meters per 8 hour shift!. It's supposed to be 3 times as quick as a band rack but I guess time will tell on that one. It supposed to be able to do a 29foot length too. Once it's up and running I will take some videos. Can you put videos on here?

I don't know of any others. There was one in Northern Scotland for sale a couple of years back, and I know that Willie at Abbey Timber speaks highly of his.

that was Mr Geddes at Dundonnell sawmill. The mill was still available 6 months ago and i think it moved to a local cladding supplier, it had a mounted blade sharpener and 7 meter tables?

It's supposed to be 3 times as quick as a band rack but I guess time will tell on that one. It supposed to be able to do a 29foot length too. Once it's up and running I will take some videos. Can you put videos on here?

Discussion with Alex Brownlie (B of BSW) certainly indicated that circular saw lines are faster than bandsaw lines. The Dalbeattie line is incredible to watch. Overall production speed does seem to pretty quickly become more about log handling than the actual sawcut rate though.

Easiest option for videos is to put them on Youtube and link them from here which automatically embeds them.

Alec