Dogey dealings?

Barney

I didn't know who to ask about this but I'm sure Arbtalk has all the answers.

Basically I just bought a motorbike but having looked over it can't be bothered with it as its a bit of a project. So put it on Gum tree and a guy has emailed me...

'Hi thanks for mailing back,i am an oceanist and i am buying this forDad, i am at sea right now, and I am glad you accepted my offer.I canonly pay through paypal at the moment as i dont have access to my bankaccount online,but i have it attached to my paypal account, and thisis why i insisted on using paypal to pay,all i will need is yourpaypal email address to make the payments,and if you dont have apaypal account yet,its pretty easy to set one up at http://www.paypal.co.uk,iwill be expecting your email.I have a pick up agent that will come forthe pick up after payments.'

What does everyone think? I haven't ever used paypal, is there away he can get access to my card details by giving him my email? Doesn't seem right.

yeh swerve that mate! he would call himself a sailor or part of the navy/merchant navy surely! n if he calls himself a rodney be very worried ( but thats a different matter lol )

just say to hime to arrange it so his collection agent can pay cash on collection or something like that but i wouldnt let him dictatae the deal to you!

alex

just say to hime to arrange it so his collection agent can pay cash on collection or something like that but i wouldnt let him dictatae the deal to you!

Thats what I said and he hasn't emailed back. I knew its a scam just wondered how he can scam me with my paypal email? I've decided to remove my card from my account just incase.

Thats what I said and he hasn't emailed back. I knew its a scam just wondered how he can scam me with my paypal email? I've decided to remove my card from my account just incase.

yeh i know what you mean worrying isnt it... if i were you drop him and the deal n just stick to your guns n ask them to come and take a look before the bu and if you dont trust them tell them you want to see evidence that they have the cash n out of interest what bike is it i might have a friend interested :sneaky2:

he won't be able 2 access ur details but this is definately a scam, his paypal acount won't be his own or it will be linked to some1 elses bank acout (who doesn't know it) he will also probably tell you how he will have to overpay you as 'i cant access this bank acount at sea' and ask you to transfer the overpayment via Western Union your bank will accept his payment as legit at first, it'll clear into your account & he'll be strait on the phone getting u 2 transfer the money, no-one will even turn up 2 collect the bike & then ur useless bank will un-clear the funds!!!

Got a Friend in the fraud squad U don't want 2 know how many people get done by this sort of scam!