• 2 weeks later...

What about Filemaker database software with the free "business pack"? Works on PCs and Macs and has invoicing, marketing thingies, CRM (Customer Relationship Manager) to handle all your customer details and follow-ups etc. Just got it last week and getting to grips with it, but it seems very handy and pretty cheap at £219.

I've used Arborsoftworx since setting up TWM...takes a bit of getting used to, but I seem to have the hang of it now with over 500 clients in it (and believe me, computers are not my strong point). PM me or e-mail me if you want more details. I know the husband/wife team who own the company, so can probably get any question you have answered. Is that Olive from 'On the buses' in your avatar? Oh yeah, Arborsoftworx syncs/merges with Quickbooks...

Edited by TheTreeWiseMen

Hi Scott, you know what. I've already got it but have never got to grips with it. I've just reinstalled it to my newer computer, and I'm gonna go for it.

I'm just having problems on how to customise it to suit tree surgery and am thinking on getting someone to do it for me. Is that throwing money away?

I know it's probably the best for macs.

Keep me posted if you have any further thoughts... come to think of it, I did once get a piece of free software for it that was perfect... let me dig it out and send you a link. Everything was in one window with just tabs along the top, so you didn't have to keep finding where your other windows were.

Bear with me for a day or so...

Adam

I downloaded Filemaker's own Business Productivity Pack, and it looks pretty comprehensive. It's a free download if you buy Filemaker, as far as I can tell.

I'm planning to try to set it up as soon as I can (super-busy just now). If it looks good, I'll post the details.