Jump to content
  • Stihl madness 880

    Review: Foxwood c120pro narrow access chipper relieve

    About 6 months ago after searching the market and deciding what best suited our needs and budget we purchased a foxwood c120pro narrow access wood chipper from Upson mowers, We chose this machine both on spec and physically visible simplicity / build quality ! Boasting a 23hp Vanguard V twin petrol engine it has the highest displacement of any gravity fed narrow access machine on the UK market. It's high torque belt drive and "supercharged drum" combined with the 23hp engine give superior chipping capacity @ 4.75" and the ability to handle material faster and smoother with less need to hold material back to prevent slowing / stalling. At only 720mm wide and with the optional remote control electric winch getting this machine into tight places as well as onto and off of trailers / ramps is a breeze even with one person. It's also far easier to move even with it being 235kg compared to a V shaped counterpart due to its chassis / handle design and center of balance. The narrow access chassis can be unbolted with 5 hex head bolts and replaced with an optional extra off-road towing chassis for use in or on parks or golf courses etc. The blades are also far easier to access / replace too ! 

       

    16850975485002906290053531594772.thumb.jpg.84aad6b1bbd1b20c7b0a1574c1b6d5c6.jpg



      Report Review

    User Feedback




    Not to piss on your chips (ok, I'm gonna piss on your chips) but- £5800 plus vat for that????

     

    It's a Chinese trolley chipper with a Briggs and Shattem! I could stick a new twin cylinder Loncin engine on my Chinese chipper and still have change from £2k all in.


    Glad you're happy though, that's all that matters.

    Edited by doobin

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    2 hours ago, doobin said:

    Not to piss on your chips (ok, I'm gonna piss on your chips) but- £5800 plus vat for that????

     

    It's a Chinese trolley chipper with a Briggs and Shattem! I could stick a new twin cylinder Loncin engine on my Chinese chipper and still have change from £2k all in.


    Glad you're happy though, that's all that matters.

    It’s actually not Chinese 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    2 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

    It’s actually not Chinese 

    Really? It looks identical. Is this a case of a european manufacturer copying the Chinese for once? 🤣

     

    Where are they manufactured? 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Of course it looks identical, because the chinese did a good job of copying it!

     

    These are made in Eastern Europe, forget the country so I won't say it in case i'm wrong...but definetly eastern european.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Didn't one of the guys on here from Slovenia say they just buy from China and slap a label on them a few weeks back ?.

     

    I'm sure it was a similar sized chipper or stump grinder someone was looking for reviews on.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    He’s just word for word put this review up on Facebook AT.

     

    Deffo not just an end user.

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

    He’s just word for word put this review up on Facebook AT.

     

    Deffo not just an end user.

     

    I was wondering! Sounded a little spammy.

     

    They can't be selling many at that money.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    1 hour ago, GarethM said:

    Didn't one of the guys on here from Slovenia say they just buy from China and slap a label on them a few weeks back ?.

     

    I'm sure it was a similar sized chipper or stump grinder someone was looking for reviews on.

    Much the same as Lumag stuff. Lots of 'Germany' stickers on the machines but ommitting the crucial preface 'Made in'! Plus a nice website with lots of photos of German looking men in overalls, if that's your thing.

     

    I'd wager that's the same drum unit and skid as you can buy by the dozen on Alibaba.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    1 minute ago, doobin said:

    Much the same as Lumag stuff. Lots of 'Germany' stickers on the machines but ommitting the crucial preface 'Made in'! Plus a nice website with lots of photos of German looking men in overalls, if that's your thing.

     

    I'd wager that's the same drum unit and skid as you can buy by the dozen on Alibaba.

    I know you might need to buy a few spares but a shipping containers worth might be a bit overkill.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    4 hours ago, Stihl madness 880 said:

    About 6 months ago after searching the market and deciding what best suited our needs and budget we purchased a foxwood c120pro narrow access wood chipper from Upson mowers, We chose this machine both on spec and physically visible simplicity / build quality ! Boasting a 23hp Vanguard V twin petrol engine it has the highest displacement of any gravity fed narrow access machine on the UK market. It's high torque belt drive and "supercharged drum" combined with the 23hp engine give superior chipping capacity @ 4.75" and the ability to handle material faster and smoother with less need to hold material back to prevent slowing / stalling. At only 720mm wide and with the optional remote control electric winch getting this machine into tight places as well as onto and off of trailers / ramps is a breeze even with one person. It's also far easier to move even with it being 235kg compared to a V shaped counterpart due to its chassis / handle design and center of balance. The narrow access chassis can be unbolted with 5 hex head bolts and replaced with an optional extra off-road towing chassis for use in or on parks or golf courses etc. The blades are also far easier to access / replace too ! 

     

       

    16850975485002906290053531594772.thumb.jpg.84aad6b1bbd1b20c7b0a1574c1b6d5c6.jpg

     

    View full review

     

    Text reads like classic sales blurb. No buyer writes "boasting a 23hp Vanguard...". So obvious.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites




    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.