How much kit do you insure?

18 stoner

Ok, I'm having a sort out with insurance at the moment.

I've got my tools insurance with NFU, and the policy I have basically means I pay a %premium on the value of what's insured. I have a basic amount of small tools insured that's not specific but anything over £500 is listed with serial number etc.

So, over the years as more kit is added to the over £500 list and the premium goes up, but now there seems to be a lot of "reserve" bits of kit on there that's hardly used.

Is it really worth paying extra for something that's sat around these days?

What you guys do would be of interest.

Ok, I'm having a sort out with insurance at the moment.

I've got my tools insurance with NFU, and the policy I have basically means I pay a %premium on the value of what's insured. I have a basic amount of small tools insured that's not specific but anything over £500 is listed with serial number etc.

So, over the years as more kit is added to the over £500 list and the premium goes up, but now there seems to be a lot of "reserve" bits of kit on there that's hardly used.

Is it really worth paying extra for something that's sat around these days?

What you guys do would be of interest.

Hi 18 just make sure the kit that's not used and not insured is stored very safe mate as it would a downer if you were not insured on nicked kit thanks mate Jon

Yeh, I know what you're saying Jon, only trouble is my gear is all kept together. Sort of all there if it's needed.

It's well secure, in fact I haven't anywhere any more secure. My worry is if I got totally cleaned out, only part of it would be replaced but insuring it all is a fortune.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I would just insure the needed kit that needs replacing instantly to get going again.

Consider the old saws etc like you do with a tax write off situation if you know what I mean. Its a bonus to have them as long as you do.

My wifes car is always something we could replace in an instant, that is an older non desirable motor.

I personally just use insurance for what I couldn't afford to replace if you get my drift.

I would just insure the needed kit that needs replacing instantly to get going again.

Consider the old saws etc like you do with a tax write off situation if you know what I mean. Its a bonus to have them as long as you do.

My wifes car is always something we could replace in an instant, that is an older non desirable motor.

I personally just use insurance for what I couldn't afford to replace if you get my drift.

Same goes for white goods. We never get the extra cover at so much a year. Because over 5 years you have paid for a new appliance in redundant money that you no longer have. Better off stashing it away then buying a new un :001_cool: