Patu 3pl Grapple or Similar

liamjordan

Found this pic on the computer from last year of us having a go with a 3pl patu skidding grapple at college on a ford 6610.

Great bits of kit and the rams have plenty of power, we used it to extract a few sawlogs but were mainly using it to move brash around and create brashmats to stop the forwarders chewing up the mud to much.

Was just wondering if many other people have used them, and what sort of price they are new? Wouldnt mind having one, one day :001_smile:

DSC00171.jpg.d18baf78955c138a4da5faeedd794fd6.jpg

I love grapple skidders. Very handy bits of kit considering getting one to go alongside the big winch. I saw several at the APF i have the Riko price list in the truck but thats round the corner.

Depending on what grapple you get and wether you get one with an extending boom and rotor. I think the top model was around 6k or so.

yeah they are great funnn!

ah right, i definatly wasnt thinking of getting one any time soon, was just curious about the price of them thats all :) but one can dream about having one someday ahaha

If you get one now you'll only pay 17.5% VAT rather than the 20% you'll pay next year.

Yep, we had a good selection at the APF - and not as dear as you may think - smallest one (alpine sized) @ £1250 plus vat going right through to slewing, extending rotator ones @ £3900 plus vat with a few in between.

yeah i was drooling over a lot of your kit for some time on the thurs :thumbup:, i really really really did like that 3pl crane with shears that you had on the red alpine tractor :001_smile: now that is what i would like one day :thumbup1:

DSC00862.jpg.37573dfc3e3fe112c483021ae6eb4694.jpg

DSC00859.jpg.281c6fba54b29a7ab05726589cfb8807.jpg

The whole three days of the show were a bit of a blur really. That crane was just the slightly bigger version of what the college had on that Mars -might have been something to consider. There's also a stroke harvester head with shears that we're hoping to get over to have a play with soon.

That Alpine in the picture - how many HP do you reckon?

The whole three days of the show were a bit of a blur really. That crane was just the slightly bigger version of what the college had on that Mars -might have been something to consider. There's also a stroke harvester head with shears that we're hoping to get over to have a play with soon.

That Alpine in the picture - how many HP do you reckon?

ah yeah, its a good bit of kit that college had off you, i had fun with it last year that tractor has loads of powerrrrrr can go anywhere with it :thumbup:

yeah niceee that'll be funnnn :001_smile:

ermm well it looks abit smaller (size wise) than the one you sold to college? but im guessing its got more poke? aha probably 90hp?