Router issues......I think

welwell

Was wondering if there are any techy types out there?

I have been streaming music (via Airport Express) for some time now, but occasionally the signal drops off. This really frustrates me!!

I've checked the speed to the router and that's good....9meg.

This leaves me to believe its an issue within the network in the house.

The computer is situated quite far away from the router (other side of the house and up 2 flights of stairs)

So my conclusion is that the router is not sending out a strong enough signal?

Question is what would be a reasonable replacement router fro my existing sky one? I've looked at this one D-Link UK | DIR-826L Cloud Gigabit Router N600

Help gratefully appreciated

Cheers

Repeater or extender (same thing) is the answer.

A little powered hub which sucks up your existing wifi and spits it out further.

If you look up at the ceiling in schools and other large buildings controlled by one organisation you'll see them dotted all over the place....

Is there not a connector point in the back of the router to put an isdn connection direct to laptop for larger downloads.

You see the issue is unlikely to be with your router but your use of it. Wifi is not designed to go through multiple walls. For good streaming you need to be within 5m ideally.

We have 50meg broadband but on wifi its 10meg so for xbox and streaming i have a cable running to upstairs.

U need one of these, an extender. plug one into socket buy the router and into the Ethernet port and the other where you r having problems . In my case a garage conversion, plug it into your Ethernet cable or go wireless or both :D

Your pockets £50 lighter but internet works simples.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

uploadfromtaptalk1364565826082.jpg.014a7dfe4ff221203f5cd030ec4f4931.jpg

U need one of these, an extender. plug one into socket buy the router and into the Ethernet port and the other where you r having problems . In my case a garage conversion, plug it into your Ethernet cable or go wireless or both :D

Your pockets £50 lighter but internet works simples.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Brilliant, where did you get that from?

ive had nothing but issues this weekend with my router. right pita. the help guys at Aol were very good and talked me through re configuring the router, seems ok now. :001_smile: think i also need a repeater on here, this room, with the locks on the doors so no one else can ever enter, is rubbish for wifi connection.