Monkey Puzzle Wood

Archie W

Storms blew down a 40ft+ monkey puzzle tree we have in a walled garden on 3 Jan 2012 in Fife. Tree was cut in half by falling on 12ft wall of garden and top half fell through stable block roof below. Contractors are to commence reparation work shortly on wall and stable block and MP tree needs to be removed. Is there any value in the wood for wood turners or furniture makers or should I just get the building contractors to remove the tree from site?

removed a MP from a chapel the other day, as soon as word got around i had a few woodturners ringing me, tell who ever is removing it to keep the lengths as long as possible, especialy the top where most of the branches are thats the main part they were after, i sold it for £25 a running foot.

Thanks for this. May be an obvious question but how do I find out if there is any demand? Are there web sites that can provide this info or point me in the right direction?

As others have pointed out...

Try this forum ArbTrader Arborists Classifieds and/or eBay - one of the UK's largest shopping destinations and see what happens.