Irata training , help ?

treechopp

depends what your gonna use it for..

I used to use it on railways doing de veg on tunnels/cliffs etc but demand not there..

If your going on rigs then fair enough, but unless you have plenty of work to drop onto its a waste of money

depends what your gonna use it for..

I used to use it on railways doing de veg on tunnels/cliffs etc but demand not there..

If your going on rigs then fair enough, but unless you have plenty of work to drop onto its a waste of money

Interesting one that; if one has said the work will be done using ropes and harness anchored from the top and NPTC units 38 and 39 why would IRATA be necessary?

OK so you are not suspended from the tree being pruned but does that matter from a safety point of view?

What is the practical difference apart from the fact IRATA uses two anchor points and IRATA accepts anyone with any chainsaw proficiency?

It just depends what the client specifies.

Most rail clients will want irata, a lot of construction companies would be

More than happy with tree tickets if justified in risk assessment.....

Funny my experience was different Nitwork Rail accepted quote with NPTC qualificaions and method statement accepted, their principal contractor's elf rocks up as it's their worksite and demands two anchor points, much loss of productivity and neither pc nor nr will foot the bill for time lost double rigging.

You were either working for network rail or their principal

Contractor. I'd have been submitting a variation to contract form before continuing if I thought the cost would have been an issue to works. Or in real life I'd have probably have clipped a superfluous rope to something so it looked right......