Pricing Tree Inspections

Treeation

Hi there,

I have recently passed my Professional tree inspection course and am now looking to incorporate tree inspections into my contractring business. I live in the Cotswolds in UK so prices would obviuosly have to reflect my location.

So, can anyone give me any any ball park figures for tree inspections? I appreciate it depends on what the job entails so day rate figures might be more useful at this stage...not trying to intrude on any elses work...I just really dont know what is a fair charge?

Thanks in advance!

Work out what you need a day then base that on what what the customer wants

Some I do take 2 mins per tree some an hr inc paperwork and report

So no way to set a fixed rate

It's all about mins per tree in my opinion

And what the customer wants

Though not sure that pti qualifies you or prepares you for this

Hi there,

I have recently passed my Professional tree inspection course and am now looking to incorporate tree inspections into my contractring business. I live in the Cotswolds in UK so prices would obviuosly have to reflect my location.

So, can anyone give me any any ball park figures for tree inspections? I appreciate it depends on what the job entails so day rate figures might be more useful at this stage...not trying to intrude on any elses work...I just really dont know what is a fair charge?

Thanks in advance!

My advice is DO NOT do them without PI cover, and therefore check with your broker what quals you need. Mine wanted to see sample reports and all my certificates.

And if you can get cover, premia may to some extent be based on turnover. So factor that into your costs too.

Thanks I will get in touch with my insurance company again and get PI cover. Im pretty sure they said it would be ok to insure as long as I have PTI.

Im still not really sure what to aim for.....Im used to my own tree surgery rates but the bit that complicates things as I would need 5 years or so cover after my last inspection....

+ I guess inspections takes extra knowledge/insurance and liabilty than a days tree work

If I was doing a dayof inspections and reports would I be charging £200,£300, £400? etc...