Todays D.E.D

Highland Forestry

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well done matt, proper job indeed:001_cool:. big slippy dead elm in the rain. you get my nod of approval mate. i have looked at your pics 3 times and i cant find anything to have a niggle at you about, and that wedge is class:thumbup:

i bet you ate your tee when you got home tonight:biggrin:

Did you not get soaked matt?weather was damp to say the least over here!Is there a good log in that one?:001_smile:

It hardly stopped raining all day with us... was soaked.

The big lump you see in the pictures we are going to try to sell.... looking for a buyer as there are several elms to come down, as well as beech and horse chestnut.

The tree was so slimey I nearly called it off... really struggeld from start to finish with her but got her down eventually.

The estate were adamant that we were not allowed to damage any of the rhododendron bushes below the tree, which was a nightmare so most of the limbs were lowered.

The big wedge you see in one of the pictures is my new lucky wedge.... we made it after the high lift wedge wasnt big enough but we've kept it as it worked so well.

Cheap,cheerful and fully functional as far as the wedge goes.We have a fair bit of work comin off in morayshire for scott's,seein as they will be in the area they might take some of your stuff.Don't ask don't get kind of thing:001_cool:

Matt you have just graduated mate, you have learnt today that real tree work is crapping yourself all day, too nervous to eat and stinging eyes from sweat. Your top anchor looked crap(the tree shape not your climbing), the tree was just a rubbish shape and that can make the world of diference, it looked like you were always working with the rope over your shoulder almost, next time turn round and face your anchor for the outside limbs then on the bigger limbs stand square on choker your strop and sit back, you really need to trust your spikes and keep your weight on the harness at all times, even on something with a crappy crown, stick another line in, more awkward at first with all the krabs and prussiks or vt's, but for very safe confident work positioning it is excellent. dead elm is as horrible as you get..well done again:thumbup: