550XP remapping

AllyH

What "Tuning" is being offered? The autotune interface offers no performance options and no remapping like cars being chipped!

It isn't a case of plugging it in and changing parameters to change performance!

The only way to tune these saws is to get down and dirty with a muffler mod and a dremel to open up and flow ports!

That I'm not sure. All he said is once it's plugged in it can be tuned to have the same power output as the 560. I didn't go into great detail and as he works with them all the time I took this as gospel. Is that not the case?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Oh dear........ This can not be done the system doesn't allow it. The 550xp has completely different components to a 560. You have to tell the system what carb it has fitted and what ignition module. When connected the programs knows what saw it is obviously so trying to input the software for the 560 will result in an error message.

There is no way of re mapping it's not a TDI! I think your mate might need a bit of training on how the system works and I don't mean that offensively.

That I'm not sure. All he said is once it's plugged in it can be tuned to have the same power output as the 560. I didn't go into great detail and as he works with them all the time I took this as gospel. Is that not the case?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Your mate is either badly trained, misguided or is trying to tap you for some funds. I don't know him do can't say

I just wish tuning was that easy, what he has told you is fantasy!!!