Refurbing an Entec Truckloader Chipper

ukminch

Just after a bit of advice, as my background is mainly grounds maintenace I normally have a big maintenace session at somepoint in November to get everything sorted or decide to bin stuff with a view to replacing next season.

Now my chipper is an early entec truckloader I think. It's looking very tired and in desperate need of a paint, the rubbers on the indespension units probably need replacing etc.

Whilst it's all in bits is there anything else I should be doing. The engine will obviously get a full service. Think there is only one bearing on the flywheel, is it worth getting this replaced so it's done, or just leave till I have problems, any other advice about this machine that I should look at.

Also anybody know where I can get replacement decals for it after it's looking all shiny?

R

Get in touch with Bob on here, he did his Entec not too long ago so will know all about the decals etc.

As far as the rubbers in the axle go, it is usually recommended to just replace the axle. If yours is a single piece axle then you are looking at £300+, if it is the 2 short half axles then let me know as I have 1 (of the 2 needed) unused on a shelf if you need it.

Cheers, which bob? It's two half axles on it at the moment, although I must admit I haven't looked at it to thoroughly. Just noticed it was rather bouncy when towing it behind the landy. Can't see it behind the van, out of sight out of mind and all that.........

I have just replaced rubbers on other trailers in the past, but I haven't got a clue till I start messing. Are they pretty standard units, ie would it be easy enough to get a match for yours?

R

• 3 weeks later...

Not managed to start my refurb yet, but just been offered a 'shell' but I think the guy wants to much for it.

I was thinking of buying it and making another chipper up, more like SWB's, ie on a trolley that would go through a gate. Anybody know if I could still get a shoot for it, and probably more importantly an engine, mines a kohler 20hp but apparently others will fit, any ideas on cost?

He wants £300 which I think should be nearer £150, Thoughts?

Apart from I don't need anymore rubbish!!

R

Edited by ukminch
punctuation

Duno really haven't thought about it to much, half of me is saying stay away, the other half is thinking another toy that won't take up to much tim or money to keep me amused on these dark winters nights!!

If I could get one for a few hundred it would make it viable, if not I start getting into the league where I could buy a working chipper to massacre............. Or just buy purpose built - but that wouldn't be any fun.

R