Sub contracting for company owners.

adbat234

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure then use your NPTC and go work for a tree company. I hired a guy who was a fireman, four days on/off then worked for me for three of his four off. He wasn't a subcontractor he worked for and with me. He had NPTC from his previous employment with a tree company thats how I knew him. Great worker.

If the fireservice sub contracted what out? Firefighting? Yes sure I'd do it and cheaper than you so they would not need you anymore then we would be having the same conversation in reverse.

Just get on with the work and good luck, hope it leads to more and you strat your own business one day. I had to have my rant to keep up appearances!!

You know when you wish you had never asked..... . Seems once you are not full time in the business anymore the honour is gone. :-P . Just get on with it then is exactly what i will do, thanks for the advice and i look forward to reading any future posts from you guys. Your array of knowledge is water to my sponge!

its got nothing to do with not being full time, insurance is there to protect us and the public. what about all the un insured drivers out there, what if they crashed into you or your wife and you had to stop work to look after each other and there was no pay out. and you lost your house and everything that you owned to try and pay bills..

You know when you wish you had never asked..... . Seems once you are not full time in the business anymore the honour is gone. :-P . Just get on with it then is exactly what i will do, thanks for the advice and i look forward to reading any future posts from you guys. Your array of knowledge is water to my sponge!

He he .

I thought fire fighting was a vocational job, like nursing and policing used to be.

I hope that if you have to save me and my assets you havent been sectioning a big pop 12 hours before. :001_smile:

Whoa Whoa Whoa i feel im being ganged up on here. Im just trying to get a foot on the ladder so to speak and it seems that the "up myself" comment means i have innadvertedley offended you in some way. Many appologies if if you have read into something i have written the wrong way as i can assure you i meant no offence. My wifes car was written off by an uninsured driver 4 years ago, a taxi driver who was trying to make ends meet. There is allways more to a story than surface appearance. Apologies once again.

Sounds like we've got a different story coming out here, or at least what I perceived to be the story. Instead of running a business that is growing what your doing is a bit of cash in hand work for beer money. Now technically there's something wrong with it, but when I was 15 I used to dig holes, and paint fences for pocket money, similar thing to what your doing.

What I don't understand is why you started the thread, it seems you know you have no insurance, your mates don't either either get on and do the job or ask for advice about how to get properly sorted.

For what it's worth legally you do need employers liability insurance in the situation you're describing. The potential outcome is that you could go to prison and have lose everything you've got. In reality you'll do the job everyone will happy and you'll have a weekends beer money.

Sounds like you know and accept the risks so what more is there to say?

Just as a footnote, I presume the fire service know about your extra work, don't want to end up in trouble there for not declaring it...........