Transformation Nature seminar. Kew, 17th May.

Kveldssanger

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame, but understandable. Too much to do in a small space of time, sometimes. It doesn't help that the tickets are quite expensive, but I suppose the trade-off comes when you fly-in experienced professionals to talk about what they have learned.

I would still like to see events like this live-streamed or recorded (and sold / streamed for a small fee), as the information presented is always so important that it's a shame it's limited to only a small group.

..........I would still like to see events like this live-streamed or recorded (and sold / streamed for a small fee), as the information presented is always so important that it's a shame it's limited to only a small group.

Share that with Neville, he always open to hearing feedback from delegates after or even before the seminars.

I took Images of the speakers and some of their presentation slides for Nev at the last seminar at Kew, but this can be a distraction for both parties. Don't think there was any video undertaken, as far as I remember.

Possibly something TEP have already considered, but worth asking him the question anyway

Shame, but understandable. Too much to do in a small space of time, sometimes. It doesn't help that the tickets are quite expensive, but I suppose the trade-off comes when you fly-in experienced professionals to talk about what they have learned.

I would still like to see events like this live-streamed or recorded (and sold / streamed for a small fee), as the information presented is always so important that it's a shame it's limited to only a small group.

Live stream is a great idea. Neville and family will definitely be interested in hearing about ways to take these seminars forward.

I was at the last seminar and hope to make this one, should be a good one.:thumbup1:

URL Link to the seminar

Overview

Programme of presentations

Anyone else booking themselves down on this? Got my place sorted. Would be good to see others there. Certainly looks like a good one. :thumbup1:

I've seen a few seminars that I'd be interesting in attending, but until things are sorted health wise, I can't commit. I almost missed the conference last year, I did miss the sunday field trip, because of my wife's health.

Enjoy yourself though.

I sent them an email to ask. I wouldn't like to take photos during the talks, solely as I'm more intent on listening (as you said), though I'm thinking more about selling the recording as a digital file either in its entirety or as individual presentations (so people can choose what ones they want to purchase). Travel can be a right bugger for some, and it's lucky we're based near to London (where these talks are held).

If the concern is about copyright issues, there are means of having a video play within a browser that you enter a key to play, and the key only works for a limited time.

Live stream is a great idea. Neville and family will definitely be interested in hearing about ways to take these seminars forward.

I was at the last seminar and hope to make this one, should be a good one.:thumbup1:

Hope to see you there!

I've seen a few seminars that I'd be interesting in attending, but until things are sorted health wise, I can't commit. I almost missed the conference last year, I did miss the sunday field trip, because of my wife's health.

Enjoy yourself though.

Totally understand you on this one. Very unfortunate are the circumstances you have found yourself in lately, so hope you're well on that front (the same applies to Sean).

If, by the time of the arb conference the AA do, you're able to get to seminars again, I shall see you there. I'm looking to get down to the ATF one in Dorset as well, this July.

I sent them an email to ask. I wouldn't like to take photos during the talks, solely as I'm more intent on listening (as you said), though I'm thinking more about selling the recording as a digital file either in its entirety or as individual presentations (so people can choose what ones they want to purchase). Travel can be a right bugger for some, and it's lucky we're based near to London (where these talks are held).

If the concern is about copyright issues, there are means of having a video play within a browser that you enter a key to play, and the key only works for a limited time.

I don't think it's unreasonable to pay to view, if they're decent recordings, but I'd prefer that there wasn't time limitations. I always find I need to go back to things at a later date to refresh my memory. Saying that, you could always take notes (i'm a lousy notetaker:blushing:)

I think it would be fair if there was a time limit (Amazon give you two weeks once you buy a film from them to watch online), and if you attend the event you only get to see it once as well! For some, the £180 + travel expenses is likely too much, though I don't doubt paying £20-50 would be appealing if it could be streamed online for a period of time. My only concern with having indefinite access is that people can just pass their access key on to someone else when they have watched it once or twice.

At least with a video you can pause it. :laugh1: