My logtrailer

teed

I like it - in fact I am looking for exactly that type of set up right now. I have taken on a 'hobby woodland' for a local landowner. I am to re-establish a fairly large lapsed coppice over a 7-10 year rotation, and I get all the timber produce.

I only started in January, and have to be out by start of March, and thus far I have hand-balled everything as there is no access for larger vehicles than a quad. Come next season (starting September), this set-up would be perfect for my job.

Other then that, in the past I used to have a Holder A50 with 3T winch (sorry to say this is long gone now!), but I suppose in the instances you use the quad and trailer, I would have used the A50 and winched/skidded out.

Good video as well. It looks like you are in a fantastic area, and yes, I'm a little jealous...

These trailers look like what I need, so thanks for posting the video. I need to extract some timber from my small pieces of woodland and I can't justify a large trailer with a powered grab.

I know they're aimed at ATVs but would it be possible to hitch one up to a car or small tractor? I assume the hitch is a bit low? And with a light board, would they be road legal?

I use quad trailers behind my Daihatsu as well as the quad. The hitch is only 3" higher than the quad.

It's not shod for road use and the tyres will buzz a bit on the road. Not sure about legality.

I found this link: Logging trailer, forestry trailer HR500 + crane for small tractors and ATV Quad - Motorgeräte Fritzsch GmbH

Looks the same or similar to the one in Teed posted up. It can be made road legal, for a price, but then is limited to a slow speed so probably not ideal for car use.

I don't suppose there's anything similar that can be towed behind a car on the road is there? I've tried searching but not come up with anything.