Net profit margins

David Riding

saw something in hort weekly from the Arb Association about how all these youngsters are coming into arb and going to college and being trained is good for the industry blah blah blah; but what happens to the majority of these lads when they leave college? straight back on the dole because there's no jobs for them. Talk about catch 22.:001_rolleyes:

I'm all for teaching doleies new trades as long as there is at least SOME work out there for them, but its just a complete waste of everyones time and money when they flood the market and give false hope to pententionaly good workers.

How gutted would you be training for something then finding out there are no vacancies! Dont forget a lot of these youngsters dont have much choice on what they can train for.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i passed my first tickets when i was 19, i was convinced that i could now be a lumberjack, i chucked a very good job with tied accomadation that i had lived in with my parents since i was born and spent my savings on ppe and headed off to the woods. i couldnt do anything to in the woods except brash and when you are on peace work you need to be good. i came home(well back to largs with out a home)and had to get a job peeling spuds in a chippy and digging coal and livein a bedsit. i was given false hope and it took me years to get back on track, yes it made me realise the world was a big bad place and life is tuff but at that time TICKETS were new and if you had these liscences as we were told then the world was your oyster. huh!!!!