Tech Cert...Woodland management

sean

Does anybody have any examples of any woodland management plans?.

Am currently revising for Tech Cert management exams and am doing the course via myerscough so research material has been very limited.

If anybody could help me out with examples of woodland management plans/maps/surveys etc it would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Hi Sean, The forestry commission website is meant to be a good source for this kind of thing - I found this advice by typing 'management plan' into their search facility.

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/pdf/guidancenote12.pdf/$FILE/guidancenote12.pdf

Take a look at the woodland grant schemes while you're there, apparently we should no the various schemes in outline.

What day is your exam BTW?

Hi Sean, The forestry commission website is meant to be a good source for this kind of thing - I found this advice by typing 'management plan' into their search facility.

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/pdf/guidancenote12.pdf//guidancenote12.pdf

Take a look at the woodland grant schemes while you're there, apparently we should no the various schemes in outline.

What day is your exam BTW?

Have just downloaded some plans from FC. And kindly received a plan from Steve....thanks for that.

Would love to see some woodland maps etc if anybody has them.

My exam is on the Friday. And yours? Hows the revision going? Your fungus i.d shouldn't be a problem judging from what i've been seeing on arbtalk!

Excellent, I'm there on Friday too. I'll be driving up an staying at a mates in Bridgnorth the night before. Are you driving? Let me know if you need a lift afterwards, obviously I won't be going to that London, but I can drop you off at a station, if you're going by train.

On the downside, Friday is the last day, so the examiners might be grumpy aledgedly...

My fungi ID is probably just adequate to pass - I got a few wrong in the Mock test at Tree Life - it's a bit easier checking stuff on arbtalk with google and Phillips close to hand!

My exam is on the Friday. And yours? Hows the revision going? Your fungus i.d shouldn't be a problem judging from what i've been seeing on arbtalk!

Just be careful regarding the fungi I.D’s for Tech Cert. Most photos on here are lovely fresh fruiting bodies in their perfect form. You may well get some dried-up desiccated examples that have been living in someone’s garage for the last 4 years. :thumbdown:

Just be careful regarding the fungi I.D’s for Tech Cert. Most photos on here are lovely fresh fruiting bodies in their perfect form. You may well get some dried-up desiccated examples that have been living in someone’s garage for the last 4 years. :thumbdown:

Thanks for the pointer john