Knapsack course

Countryboy

I presume PA1 and PA6? I need to do these but have not been having much luck finding someone who will do the course and the assessment in one, and at a reasonable price. Only good option I found was in South Devon but it's a bit of a trek from Essex. Can anyone recommend anything more local?

Alec

I presume PA1 and PA6? I need to do these but have not been having much luck finding someone who will do the course and the assessment in one, and at a reasonable price. Only good option I found was in South Devon but it's a bit of a trek from Essex. Can anyone recommend anything more local?

Alec

Where in Essex are you? I did mine when I lived near saffron walden, Robert Patmore sorted mine out, am trying to rack my brain where it was, it was held at a chemical/seed research place nearby, Sagenta or something.

Here you go

Saffron Walden Agricultural Training Group

[email protected]

mobile 07774145254

He used to live in Langley Upper Green, he did have a facebook page

really helpful guy

I did my pa1, pa2, pa4 and pa6 with Robert Patmore ten years ago. Nice bloke and like people have said nothing to worry about. If you've been used to handling and working with chemicals it's just pointing out the basics. Knowing what the warning labels mean, a small amount of cosh, lots of common sense. Knowing how to read what the chemical is and application rates, it's all on the labels the biggest part of the course is teaching you how to read the labels to find out what you need to know. Then simple maths. Most chemical can have application rates for crop sprayer. So just bacic maths to work how much chemical to water ratio for a knapsack sprayer divided by the difference in capacity of the rate of spray per litres per hectare. Very simple course. As said listen and learn.

Thank you very much for the information. I have only ever sprayed around my garden up to now but need to be able to spray around my woodland from time to time. So it is quite a jump up from using a home sprayer/ stronger chemicals. Hope the old grey matter works on the course

Where in Essex are you? I did mine when I lived near saffron walden, Robert Patmore sorted mine out, am trying to rack my brain where it was, it was held at a chemical/seed research place nearby, Sagenta or something.

Here you go

Saffron Walden Agricultural Training Group

[email protected]

mobile 07774145254

He used to live in Langley Upper Green, he did have a facebook page

really helpful guy

Perfect! I am about 20mins drive from there, and work about 10mins from Syngenta which may be the place.

Cheers for that :001_smile:

Alec

• 4 months later...