RFS level 2 certificate in Arboriculture

Otty

Hi

Im going to start the RFS level 2 certificate in Arboriculture, next month after being paid im studying from home as i have to work as well.

Basicaly i was wondering what peoples opinions on the course and how they found it?and has it helped lots or a little?

I will be doing the course anyway as i would like to learn more.

Cheers for your time guys

Its an excellent course Otty, as stated in a similar thread I did mine years ago and serves as a very good introduction to the world of Arboriculture. If you can, try and get the full qualification (practical units as well) as I’d hold anyone with it in high regard.

One tip – If and when you pass, get yourself booked into an ISA Cert Arb exam as the syllabuses are similar and you’ll end-up with two qualifications for the price of one. (more or less)

Good-luck!

hi

im 2/3 the way through my rfs at warickshire college, doing it part time on the evenings 2 hours a week

i did my isa 1st on self study and wished i did it the outer way round as said above as there both almost the same. defiantly worth doing most if it is common sense to any one who has been in the trade.

my 1st exam was relay easy i think the questions was naming 10 saw safety checks and chain parts, draw a basic give and take road sign layout and some questions about ppe

the second exam was about tree inspections and what to look for, list 10 things you inc on a tree inspection form and some questions about roots spread and depth etc.

ive got 1 exam left about woodland management and soils i think

i would recommend doing it at a collage part time as when i did my isa i keeps losing interest and putting the books down for months at a time but thats me. but it is hard after a full days work but i just think once its done its done. until i enroll for my tec cert next year.

hope that makes some sense

cheers si

One word – Don’t expect a lovely posh certificate when you pass the theory and practical! I sent off all my certificates the other week (only 4 years late) and I had the cheapest, most horrid DIY looking certificate come through the post.

It’s a lot of work and expense to get all the units required, the least they can do is supply a decent looking certificate. :sneaky2:

• 2 weeks later...