Fracking in the UK to be "fast-tracked"

Kveldssanger

So if fracking is in the process of being fast tracked in the UK and only 40% of the water used during the process is recovered, Is it your contention that the balance of what ever is used will be returned underground to potentially contaminate water tables and surface water sources?.

Is your opinion based on actual occurances of this taking place or just the

article that was scanned at the beginning of this thread?.

Has contamination actually ever taken place at any test sites in the UK supporting this theory?

Testing done by both private industry and US government sources have concluded that no contamination of surface water or water table sources occurs due to Fracking.

The CNC who is running this country at the present would love for the U.S. To be completely rid of using all oil, however his own EPA and US Geological survey teams could find no evidence of contamination. So which one is it. Is it greed based on fiction and or special interest groups controlling the narrative or just ignorance on the part of the consumer and voter?. Let's not forget that the aledge reports being generated from a university in East Anglia proved to be so false and mis leading regarding climet studies that

at least here in the US had to be totally dismissed as out right fiction.

I can only hope that the same folks are not producing the same information, although I would not be surprised since bird of a feather squak together.

easy-lift guy

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The documentaries at the start go some way to explaining contamination of the water table, as well as gas leaks from the ground, through rivers, lakes, etc. Many VOCs are also released into the air in the process that can only be seen via infra-red means, though I do believe that this country (the UK) is not mandating the use of infra-red sensors to ascertain VOC release from fracking operations.

Contamination has taken place in Australia without a shadow of a doubt. There are videos documenting this, with many bore holes that locals utilise becoming so laden with toxic compounds that they can no longer drink the water, bathe in it, or use it for any other means. Fracking also requires a lot of water, and naturally-occurring aquifers have been shown to dissipate at up to six times the rate they can sustain themselves, again in Australia.

As only one well has been drilled over in the UK (as far as I am aware), data from the UK is sparse. Data from AUS and USA is not sparse however, and we need to be analysing that if we are to begin to understand what fracking will do to our country as well.

As a side note, fracking companies in AUS have given compensation to residents impacted, though if they accepted the compensation they also agree to a gagging order. No longer can they talk about fracking whatsoever. Those that didn't take the money (100,000+ Australian Dollars) are free to talk. That's another reason why there is little direct 'social data' from those impacted.

Edited by Kveldssanger

The documentaries at the start go some way to explaining contamination of the water table, as well as gas leaks from the ground, through rivers, lakes, etc. Many VOCs are also released into the air in the process that can only be seen via infra-red means, though I do believe that this country (the UK) is not mandating the use of infra-red sensors to ascertain VOC release from fracking operations.

Contamination has taken place in Australia without a shadow of a doubt. There are videos documenting this, with many bore holes that locals utilise becoming so laden with toxic compounds that they can no longer drink the water, bathe in it, or use it for any other means. Fracking also requires a lot of water, and naturally-occurring aquifers have been shown to dissipate at up to six times the rate they can sustain themselves, again in Australia.

As only one well has been drilled over in the UK (as far as I am aware), data from the UK is sparse. Data from AUS and USA is not sparse however, and we need to be analysing that if we are to begin to understand what fracking will do to our country as well.

As a side note, fracking companies in AUS have given compensation to residents impacted, though if they accepted the compensation they also agree to a gagging order. No longer can they talk about fracking whatsoever. Those that didn't take the money (100,000+ Australian Dollars) are free to talk. That's another reason why there is little direct 'social data' from those impacted.

Are you saying that because some citizens of Australia were paid off in the form of compensation from oil companies there testimony is legally not permitted to be divulged, however others have voice their opinion since they did not accept compensation for damages sustained due to Fracking?. Hmm, Interesting.

I suppose the media in Australia and the U.S. are on the same page when it comes to covering this story. Funny how I have not heard of any similar stores

occurring here in the US. Perhaps because if that was the case Fracking would be shut down in a heart beat, IMHO.

easy-lift guy

You are correct - that is what I am saying. Obviously I can only take the word of those in Aus' saying that they declined bribes, though given locals out there have accepted compensation and then don't speak out (so to speak), one can put two-and-two together and get four instead of five.

On the topic of media and the lack of reporting on certain things, or the over-reporting of a particular agenda, check out this video (saw it a few months ago and it's very good, from memory - only a short video):

youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU