24"-28" guide bar for husky 61

Taff3757

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Husqvarna 61 is a good old chainsaw, but has an open port intake cylinder and was a lower powered semi pro. Buy a Hyway or Meteor big bore kit, takes the saw up to 72cc ,I've done two saws with these barrels ,excellent performance, but I always used a 20" bar on the original 61's .so 24-28 should be OK.

Chain saw parts on line.co.UK do the Meteor kits, you'll need the 52mm bore kit to get a 72cc saw. Also the intake bolts need changing on some of the older 61's if I remember. Mike at Sawbits supplies a full Hyway kit . have a search on eBay, might find a better price for a Meteor kit.

Husqvarna 61 is a good old chainsaw, but has an open port intake cylinder and was a lower powered semi pro. Buy a Hyway or Meteor big bore kit, takes the saw up to 72cc ,I've done two saws with these barrels ,excellent performance, but I always used a 20" bar on the original 61's .so 24-28 should be OK.

An OEM 272xp top end is a much better choise - but anyway he would need a carb and intake for the 272 as well, and it won't fit under the original top cover. A 268/272 top cover doesn't fit (not really sure with the orange top 61s made from about 1991).

Meteor usually makes much better pistons than cylinders, but are improving their cylinders as far as I know. Hyway, I wouldn't even consider - but they likely aren't among the very worst am stuff.

The kits aren't "big bore kits", they just are 272xp kits. :sneaky2: