forestry arb contracts

Hi guys

anybody have any experience of carrying out arb work for the forestry commision?

whats the going rate for a team of:

1) team of two guys plus chipper

2) team of 4 " " "

carrying out roadside, track and pathway maintenance - ie everything from clearing/ brush cutting scrub to aeshetic or safety orientated aerial or other arb work?

thanks for replying so quickly gibbon.

and thanks for the info :thumbup1:

the work i'm looking at seems to be a small scale localised thing - rather than a contract out to tender - where they call us in, as and when, spreading the work around a group of contractors depending on locality and work spec.

had a meeting with the guy involved today - we just have to meet their criteria -which looks fairly standard and go from there.

have to give a day rate as an example and although i know what that is for domestic work - i havent got any experience with the FC:001_unsure:

As a guide I price the same for commercial as domestic if I need to look at the work 1st. If you get good info on what kit you need before hand and you just turn up and do it I charge a bit less as it saves hassel of site visits, quotes and all that

thanks gibbon,

hope you dont think its too personal a qeustion:blushing:...... how much is that?

I'm charging around 350 a day (for a 2 man team but depending on skill level required)

how do you think that stacks up competitively speaking?

Without trying to put a damper on things and by all means try BUT not matter how nice and polite and helpful the Commision guys are the work nearly always goes to the like of Tillhill. They put in a stupidly low bid and then screw a contractor down to a price to do it for them. I've lost countless Commision contracts for 3 different companies with 3 different pricing structures.

Don't bust a ball putting a price together IMO.

Thats about what the contract when for. I charge more than that for 2 men but would expect to supply 3 men as FC work will be lots or roadside work. Interestingly I spoke to the guy had the contract for 4 years, he said although he priced each job seperatley eventhough the contract was awarded to him on a fixed man day rate

I have a fixed rate contract with the fc in dorset and hampshire, its renewed every year and we get one job. The rest of the year the work goes to the same old crews, call me cynical but I think I am just used to make up the numbers for their approved contractors list, keeps the orditors happy.:cursing: