Wolf wheels and Michelin xzl

Pinkfoot

XZLs are seriously expensive these days, sadly. I've just got a new set via of 7.50 x 16s from a mate who works for Michelin and even at mates' rates (well below what a dealer would pay) they work out about a hundred quid each.... The best deal I've seen is from Black Circles at £135 each for 7.50s and £123 for 205 R16.

Buy Michelin XZL Tyres Online at Blackcircles.com

If you have tube type rims they'll have a 15mm valve hole and you need a tube with a TR15 valve (or a TR13 with an adapter). If it's a tubeless rim it'll have a 13mm hole (and a slightly different rim well profile) and you can use it tubeless with a normal valve, or tubed with a TR13 valve. My XZLs are on standard Defender tubed rims with TR15 tubes - even if I had tubeless rims I think I'd run them tubed for preference for off-road use. The XZLs are rated for either fitment. Agreed about Michelin Airstop tubes - they're very good. The trouble is finding them for 7.50 16 tyres!

Hi mate better off with BFG TYRES better all round I find thanks Jon

Plus I like them in 7.50 16 because they're tall enough to raise the gearing (my early 110 is geared so low I'm in fifth before I get to the end of my drive on 205s!) and they help it look like a proper Land Rover, not some Yank monster truck wannabe!