Roll on next week...

Killa Ferret

I see myself as a shihl whore. mind you try calling up suppliers and asking for a silky big boy and see how many laughs you get. Mind you doesnt every body love new kit, i'm even getting excided about my optime 3's coming for my helmet.

Hiya

I hope this isn't bad form but I thought I'd post a couple of photos of the Katana Boy I took this morning before I packed and sent it to a certain Mr. Ferret!

I was a tree surgeon for a few years but never much good at it and spent most of my time feeding a chipper, I was however always a bit of a kit monster and have been a big fan of Silky since I first used one, that's also reason why I now sell them in my little shop. The Katana Boy arrived with me this morning (first of a batch) after a month or two of delays and first impressions out of the box were obviously 'OMG how big!'...

p1010004b.jpg

It has a unique mechanism I haven't seen before for locking the blade open or shut which seems secure so it's not going to fold over your fingers in a hurry (here shown with the mechanism unlocked)...

p1010007i.jpg

once the blade is open it exceeded any expectations I had on how big it would be... it's absolutely massive and as long as a traditional 2 man saw!.

being so long the blade does flap about a little but as it's a pull saw that doesn't really matter (think Rolf Harris' wobbleboard) :001_tongue:

I've taken a comparative photo next to a Natanoko and a Pocket Boy for scale...

p1010010copycopy.jpg

I hope you enjoy using it Dan and I am genuinely interested in your honest feedback.

Cheers

Rich Lisney

Edited by Silky Seller

...And -its ribbed fr your pleasure :P Dear me-they think of everything these days........

K

I had a Hiauchki Silky blade with a wooden carpenters saw handle on it-god-that was a beast, but too awkward to get yr cut angles right, tho' did cut as fast as a 020 :P

Edited by Khriss

Hmm, i thought it was gonna cost more than that. Took it to work today, we were only tidying up 3 huge willows, it really did look like a bombsite, did a quick show and tell, hysterical laughter, followed by a double take, then more laughter, the lads that were there thought it was crazy and cool at the same time. As and when i use it, i'll give ya my evaluation of it.

Dan