Smallest rideon WITH floating deck

Creak

Can i ask what a timed deck is? I read that the countax i used is suitable to brambles but i agree the branches might be taking the piss a bit. When you say abuse the deck do you meam dull the blades? I only mow branches upto 1 inch max diameter usually less. Like one time i cleared a lot of ivy from some poplars some of the branches were really thick since it was mature. I raked them out into a line then started out on highest elevation cut, through to lowest. By the end it just looked like soil but tinted brown.

A timed deck is one that has multiple blades and the belts that run between them are toothed as are the pullies like a valve timing belt on an Over head cam vehicle . if you hit an obsticlal the belt can jump a cog or two resulting in smashed blades.

when i cut my own hedges and shrubery i nearly always use the honda pro,16" izy or countax with high muching deck to do what you want.

Edited by slim reaper

Can i ask what a timed deck is? I read that the countax i used is suitable to brambles but i agree the branches might be taking the piss a bit. When you say abuse the deck do you meam dull the blades? I only mow branches upto 1 inch max diameter usually less. Like one time i cleared a lot of ivy from some poplars some of the branches were really thick since it was mature. I raked them out into a line then started out on highest elevation cut, through to lowest. By the end it just looked like soil but tinted brown.

Slim has explained the timed deck, but I will add that the belts often break under impact and on some machines they cost around £100 just for the belt.

Sure, your type of work will dull the blades, but you can sharpen them several times before replacement.

Its the bearing housings I would worry about more. The shock loads of trying to cut 1" branches will stress the aluminium flange of the housing and the lighter duty ones will simply break away from the deck after time.

Blade mounting flanges may also fail.

Some of the single blade versions will suffer from distortion of the deck itself under impact, resulting in the blade cutting low on one side.

This Grillo will cut up anything it will push over and will deal with your work easily.

P1010003.jpg.36b1d4b1ef8ba85e58dd73e6874d5e82.jpg