help with a tempermental 300tdi defender

deezyboy

Will do, hoping its just a pipe or something cheap, although if it is turbo or fuel pump will both be covered by warranty luckily, just hassle and also means a day off work as truck-less!

not sure about the wastegate jon, bit beyond my level of expertise, I have an uncle who has worked on landys most of his life, can tell you what size spanner is needed for each job without looking, hopefully he can have a look at the girl on Thursday!

cheers

Hi mate the wastegate at back of turbo stainless steel rod easy to see thanks Jon

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its going to be pipework collapsing or de-laminating in the air side of the engine or lift pump and 300tdis are very prone to lack of top end with slack lift pumps or fuel starvation, or a leak in the supply to or diaphragm for the boost fueling on the top of the injector pump possibly early signs of turbo failure how old it the 300tdi if its one of the few fitted with a catalytic converter (yes they did fit them to some 300tdi defenders)it may be blocking up slowly.

Money on leaking or collapsing pipework, blocked/collapsing airfilter or fuel starvation from blocked filter or u/s lift pump.

Does it smoke when you have no power if so what colour

Or very very long shot it has skipped a tooth on the timing belt !

May sound odd to some, but all day today the landy flew everywhere, better then it has for a month or two, all I did was put £20 more diesel in and a bottle of injector cleaner in the tank and somehow?

Fingers crossed it stays well!

Cheers

HI MATE MY 300TDI goes best on tottal bp esso but the 300TDI LOVES CLEAN AIR FILTER AND FUEL thanks jon :thumbup:

May sound odd to some, but all day today the landy flew everywhere, better then it has for a month or two, all I did was put £20 more diesel in and a bottle of injector cleaner in the tank and somehow?

Fingers crossed it stays well!

Cheers

How did it go today ?

Went from modbury to Dartmouth, to noss mayo to loddiswell and flew up most of the hills, apart from the ones which kill a 20yr old, heavy defender with oversized wheels! Last fuel pump packed up due To water ingress so going to move the fuel filler to just behind the wheel arch in the 'dry area' as a precaution and have a look through all the pipes, lift pump etc when I get a chance!