Help With business plan

David_chainsaw

Some but I do intend on starting small and do smaller work I have found a place that is willing to help with training as long as I have a business plan in place for them to see and where I will buy my gear ruff prices of everything so on

When you do you pr business plan I think you need to get somone to check grammar and spellings etc. If business plan looks poor you will get no money.

Hello David.

Having read the thread from a year ago I can see this is a real ambition of yours so I'm going to try to help if I can :)

It's sounds like you have some help but need a business plan of sorts to get that help, am I correct???

A business plan can be very simple.

Start by getting a hard back type folder and filling it with paper. Every time you have a little idea to do with work write it down, I have severe ADHD and dyslexia and it's the only way I can cope!!!!

You already have a good idea about what it is you want to do so we know where we are going.

List everything you have that you think can make you money directly or indirectly in arb.

For example, if you have a lawn mower, write it down. Strimmers, hand tools etc etc.

From this list work out what services you can offer. So if you have a lawn mower you can instantly start mowing gardens. And like wise hedge trimming if you have trimmer.etc etc.

GET SOME INSURANCE. It's a Google search and one phone call :)

Once you know what services you know you CAN offer, make it happen. Get onto vista print. Spend £15 on some business cards. Throw them everywhere, shops, bus stops, through doors, pubs everywhere.

Wait for the phone to ring and be smart, charismatic and efficient and your customers will have you back time and time again.

Once you are bringing in some money and you are confident it's working you can start to look at where you WANT to be.

Your best asset at this point is the fact that your mowing customers will know you, like you and put you first on the list for tree work ;)

Invest in yourself, get your tickets, buy a saw. Start by doing bits and pieces and if your good it's a very organic proccess and you'll be working with a saw all day every day.

But don't forget your mowing.

I hope this helps, and doesn't sound patronising:)

Hello David.

Having read the thread from a year ago I can see this is a real ambition of yours so I'm going to try to help if I can :)

It's sounds like you have some help but need a business plan of sorts to get that help, am I correct???

A business plan can be very simple.

Start by getting a hard back type folder and filling it with paper. Every time you have a little idea to do with work write it down, I have severe ADHD and dyslexia and it's the only way I can cope!!!!

You already have a good idea about what it is you want to do so we know where we are going.

List everything you have that you think can make you money directly or indirectly in arb.

For example, if you have a lawn mower, write it down. Strimmers, hand tools etc etc.

From this list work out what services you can offer. So if you have a lawn mower you can instantly start mowing gardens. And like wise hedge trimming if you have trimmer.etc etc.

GET SOME INSURANCE. It's a Google search and one phone call :)

Once you know what services you know you CAN offer, make it happen. Get onto vista print. Spend £15 on some business cards. Throw them everywhere, shops, bus stops, through doors, pubs everywhere.

Wait for the phone to ring and be smart, charismatic and efficient and your customers will have you back time and time again.

Once you are bringing in some money and you are confident it's working you can start to look at where you WANT to be.

Your best asset at this point is the fact that your mowing customers will know you, like you and put you first on the list for tree work ;)

Invest in yourself, get your tickets, buy a saw. Start by doing bits and pieces and if your good it's a very organic proccess and you'll be working with a saw all day every day.

But don't forget your mowing.

I hope this helps, and doesn't sound patronising:)

That's spot on advice, I'm not trying to put you down just offering some advice on business not arb work. Don't get defensive or people who know what works and what doesn't will just say nothing and it would be a shame as loads of people on here are willing to help!

David, here's a couple of links that will give you a really good head start on forming up your ideas / plans:

https://www.gov.uk/starting-up-a-business/start-with-an-idea

Santander offer these, but a google search will offer similar from most high street banks:

Starting a Business - Business Start Up - Santander Business Guides

Starting a Business - Business Start Up - Tree Surgeon - Introduction - Santander

There's a fair bit of reading there but all of the salient points are covered - there's no need to reinvent the wheel if someone has already done the work before!

Single piece of advice I'd offer as the most important is don't borrow unless you absolutely have to, you'll have to pay it back before you see any money in your pocket!

Thanks for that qvatrees that is totally correct and yes, I have mower strimmer so on and already do some mowing and hedge work and a little bit of tree work local as don't have a license at the moment test is tomorrow stuff i have is cheap timber-pro apart from the mower which is a Honda which i got for free as it was sitting in someones garden knocked and they said it don't work you'r welcome to it got it home cleaned carb fresh gas and away she went back to the topic i know where people coming from saying its a big thing to try and start a business but it is something i really want to do and im set on doing it. And yes iv been offering to volunteering work, but that is to help get more experience when I first start out I'm only looking to do a few days a week that way I can do a part time job to put towards more training tools so on.