New hilux or ranger

jack-tosdevine

If you're talking buying a brand new vehicle, 4x4 Magazine out next week has their annual pick up review, all be it they are usually double cabs. Usually a good read and handy for comparing the main runners payload, torque, towing etc.

The single cab Ranger has a 1250kg max gross payload. I think the Toyota is only 1090kg so that may be something you have to consider.

just got isuzu as it and ranger can tow 3.5 isuzu was in country ready to have tipper fitted. Ranger was 8 month wait for single cab . ranger only had 3 year warranty but isuzu has 5 years so long as isuzu dealer in Cornwall fitted body also had air bags fitted on axle taking GVW from 3050 to 3500 . it also gets a proper certificate of conformance to up-rate log book. Price for both was within £200 so thats why i went for isuzu had it 17 dec already done 1000 miles and we still run our 7 year old ranger :thumbup1:

59766bfc89362_20141220_083846(2).jpg.7051b8646daf6421271754de0522c04c.jpg

20141229_083433.jpg.ff4ba772b6c2fc31769f6e896f85d42e.jpg

Edited by tothby1

just got isuzu as it and ranger can tow 3.5 isuzu was in country ready to have tipper fitted. Ranger was 8 month wait for single cab . ranger only had 3 year warranty but isuzu has 5 years so long as isuzu dealer in Cornwall fitted body also had air bags fitted on axle taking GVW from 3050 to 3500 . it also gets a proper certificate of conformance to up-rate log book. Price for both was within £200 so thats why i went for isuzu had it 17 dec already done 1000 miles and we still run our 7 year old ranger :thumbup1:

Really like your isuzu. I was down in devon on holiday and spoke to the isuzu dealer at the totnes show and went to their showroom to look at the single can etc. The isuzu is a quality truck, albeit a little dearer than others but I really like them. We've got two isuzu 3.5t chip trucks and they are very good. In the end I brought an l200 single cab as they were doing the best deal and I don't need the 3.5t towing capacity for my personal truck but I really do rate the isuzu's.

What sort of money was the tipper, all in on the road if you don't mind me asking?

around £23.000 plus vat

Sounds a lot but it is a lot of truck for that money. I really liked the isuzu when I looked at them but the l200 all in with vat tow bar etc was around £15k with 3 year servicing and 5 year warranty. If I wanted a tipper and 3500kg towing then isuzu is where I would look. Very nice truck mate, was it Roger Young you got if from?

no duckworth boston £500 for metallic paint didn't help then other extras could have shaved about £1000 off without but longer delivery time if i didnt have paint so as i wanted it for this log delivery season i had little choice.

Edited by tothby1