Laski/Terex stump grinder

emr

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't your Vermeer dealer service any other make? After all, income us income no matter what and a grinder is a grinder!

They would definitely service anything that I brought them, but I have a feeling they wouldn't get it done as fast if it wasn't Vermeer. Maybe they would.... I don't really know. I do know that if we get a Vermeer grinder and take it there for service, they will get it done right and fast for us.

And as far as buying cheap, it's not a bad thing if it's still a quality machine. I guarantee that you pay more for Vermeer, Bandit, Morbark, and Carlton because of their names. Are they all good machines? Sure, but I bet Terex is too. I would be much more cautious if the machine was made in some guys basement or garage.

if Terex have made some changes from the stock unit they could be better than what laski put out.If they haven't be prepared to spend some extra money to get it up to spec.

I have spent a bit and have ended up with a good unit.

I have recently seen a couple of Terex videos of them stump grinding end grain of logs lying on the ground that just make them look utter crap

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guy

Have been reading the posts, Pete is correct the Terex Stump grinder is a Laski. Only available in the USA under the Terex Environmental Equipment (TEE) brand.

We are the Terex distributor for the UK and some other European areas.

The tree care equipment all falls under the Environmental Equipment division of Terex, with the chippers being manufactures in the USA at Terex's own factory. (Not Laski Chippers)

You will see a lot of new tree care products becoming available through the network worldwide.

The one thing you will get from a Terex product is service and back up through the worldwide Terex dealer network. The tree care industry machinery support up to now through out the world has been a bit hit and mis depending where you are. That looks like it is about to change with the tree care equipment owner/customer soon being able to enjoy the back up for their equipment the same as you would expect from the likes of JCB, CAT John Deere etc. any where in the world.

Hi Guy

Have been reading the posts, Pete is correct the Terex Stump grinder is a Laski. Only available in the USA under the Terex Environmental Equipment (TEE) brand.

The tree care equipment all falls under the Environmental Equipment division of Terex, with the chippers being manufactures in the USA at Terex's own factory. (Not Laski Chippers)

You will see a lot of new tree care products becoming available through the network worldwide.

The one thing you will get from a Terex product is service and back up through the worldwide Terex dealer network. The tree care industry machinery support up to now through out the world has been a bit hit and mis depending where you are. That looks like it is about to change with the tree care equipment owner/customer soon being able to enjoy the back up for their equipment the same as you would expect from the likes of JCB, CAT John Deere etc. any where in the world.

Have Terex made any changes to the stock Laski stump grinder that they have re-badged?

Hi Guy

Do you mean that the woodchippers are not rebranded products? I thought that they were just Woodsman with a different paint job? With the grinders, did they fit Greenteeth because of any reason as I thought that Patrick's system was the standard for the Laski made stuff?

Do you mean that the woodchippers are not rebranded products? I thought that they were just Woodsman with a different paint job? With the grinders, did they fit Greenteeth because of any reason as I thought that Patrick's system was the standard for the Laski made stuff?

Hi Pete

The chippers were Woodsman but over the last 24 months all the models have had a revamp with many changes. the chipper range has had the Terex build quality put into them. (not that the woodsman chippers had any problems)

Quality control, finish and worldwide compliance is all done at the factory.

The green teeth would always be the preferred grinder teeth over the multi tip system. The the North American tree care industry knows the green teeth product with plenty of national coverage for replacement parts.

Laski fit there own teeth in Europe as far as we know.