kwikchip manual/instructions

muppetlab

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yer she has a two cylinder air cooled rugerdinie it's a good chipper doesn't use much fuel turn table is awesome the only thing I wish it has was anti stress as it will take some big timber through but you just stop it on the bar it's quite loud but it chips and puts it in the truck every time I need it (so far) was a fraction of the cost of a second hand timberwolf or greenmech so win win for me

Yer she has a two cylinder air cooled rugerdinie it's a good chipper doesn't use much fuel turn table is awesome the only thing I wish it has was anti stress as it will take some big timber through but you just stop it on the bar it's quite loud but it chips and puts it in the truck every time I need it (so far) was a fraction of the cost of a second hand timberwolf or greenmech so win win for me

I bought mine about 7 weeks ago it needed a new flywheel got it now it needs fully re wired I haven't seen it chip yet 😡 but that's what I get for buying of eBay

Just the way it goes with second hand kit the only issue I've had so far is the bolts that adjust the blades in and out were threaded bar so when I finally managed to shift the nut the bar wouldn't come out so I drilled and taped them put bolts on it with a nut to lock it solid also found that there's a small brash trap under the feed rollers that if left starts to bind up the bottom roller so I take the panel of every so often and clear that out. I really can't fault mine it's doing really well for my first chipper

I wondered about making a simple one, a chap advertises a tachometer which can trip a relay at set revs (cannot find his site now), this combined with a solenoid dump valve in the feed to the spool would stop the feed, getting the rollers to reverse a 1/4 turn would be the problem but better than nothing.

Having said that I worked ten years with a dosko 6" without one and managed.

The nice thing about the Forst is that you can stick something in and walk away for the next brach with confidence that it will be all gone by the time you get back but I expect the same is true of most modern chippers.