Whats it worth?

Billy

Self employed CS30 31 38 39 + first aid with a few years ground experience and a bit of climbing experience also. with full climbing kit 200T, 1 or 2 ground saws and own vehicle. How much would you say thats worth per day on a part time basis, just want to get some opinions. thanks :001_smile:

I pay guys £70 a day . they have less experience and tickets than you. they also don't have there own saws.

I Would prob give you £80 a day depending on how hard you work and ifyou are a half decent climber £100 a day.

have all the tickets under the sun..but if you don't work hard its worth nothing.

What kind of truck do you have. Just a van for carrying tools or something that you can chip into and take logs? That will have an effect on your wage.

haha I'm not giving someone a van or truck for that price!!:scared1: i have a Vito, but i'd have a tipper as well in the blink of an eye if it meant guarentee'd extra earnings though.if we do use my van for a job its additional though, obviously. by I have my own vehicle I meant i don't need picking up, I was talking to a guy the other week who told me he picks up and drops off his groundy everyday, shocking imo. I guess my climbing is alright as the guy i work for's feet barely left the gorund in the last few weeks.

Edited by Billy

Why not hire yourself with saws at a fixed day rate, and charge mileage to use your truck to haul timber/chip etc? IMO, with all the kit, and knowledge, you should be an asset to whoever you help, and this should be reflected in your day rate, so around the 100quid mark.

this rate is with a guy i work with most of the week, so i think the regularity is worth something, also i doubt he would want to give away that much responsibilty and money, and i'm sure theres a few tree's about i wouldn't want to be sent out to on my own to deal with, specially when its not my reputation on the line.

Just take a look at how many moans this site carries regarding bad groundies,then decide what your worth if your good my groundie is the dogs do dahs an she gets 120 a day. but she iis allso the wife.

wowza! your wife gets paid!? I'm lucky if i get a chinese takeaway out of it!

we pay £100 a day to our subby climber, gets to the job,has all his own climbing kit

and 3 saws and he will do anything. If we use a crane he gets £150 but it's always job and away when finished climbing. Groundies get £60, no kit but must get to our yard.

• 3 months later...